Oil light

sauk538

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2l fsi and almost every time I drive the car for more than 25mins or so, I have an oil warning light come on, it comes on, beeps 3 times then goes off, come back on every few minutes afterwards and goes away after 3 beeps, but does sometimes go off and stay off it has never stayed on for more than 10 seconds that i can remember, any advise would be great

20190711 165408

Attachments

• 20190711_165411.jpg
    20190711_165411.jpg
    825.6 KB · Views: 185
If the oil level is ok then the oil level sensor would be my first suspect. BTW when the low oil level warning comes on it will not fully reset until the bonnet has been opened & closed, (there's a sensor in the bonnet catch).

I have driven the car for about an hour and a half and no light, bonnet has not been touched, I have a slight oil leak and the level has always been okay, when i first got the car the light was coming on all the time then I topped the oil up to MAX and it stayed off for about a month, light started coming back on and the level has been checked weekly since, always been just below MAX, oil leak is so minor it doesnt leave marks on the floor and I only put oil in every now and then, only a small amount, oil is clean and has been replaced with the filter and still havent used the 5l bottle in 3 months (thats filling oil to capacity and topping it up)