Oil preassure problems, 2007 Audi A4 B7 2.0 TFSI.

ZtriDer

Reaction score
Hi.

I wonder if anyone can help me out here.
I have an Audi Avant A4 B7 2.0 TFSI 2007.

Short time ago the engine started to get increased valve ticking, I asked around and people kept saying that TFSI engines usually have some valve ticking and drinks a lot of oil, so I did not think too much about this, but I was still a bit unconfortable as the sound was louder than when I bought the car.
A short time later when I needed to do yearly maintenance and oil change the car workshop suggested that I should also get an engine flush with the oil change to clean out old ****, so I did.

Just a week after the oil change the valve ticking increased in volume quite a lot. It now suddenly sounded like a diesel when idling when warm. When the car is cold the ventil ticking is hardly present.

When this happened I called the local car workshop who got the car in the same day and checked the oil pressure, as someone told me that the valves are oil pressure regulated and my not get enough pressure, and it was correct. It was a low oil pressure problems. When the engine is running idle when warm it only gets about 0.5psi, but when the engine revs to more than 2000rpm the oil pressure jumps to 2psi. The low oil pressure warning is not lighting up when idle.

I stopped using the car when I got this message.

Does anyone know what I can do? I have tried to google this, and one of the reasons I can find is that it may be the oil pressure regulator valve, or what it is called.

Does anyone know what this part code is this valve? Any other idea about this problem what I should look into?

Take the sump off, inspect oil pickup and oil pump gear

As i know,an b7 the 2.0 tfsi does not have pressure regulator.

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk