Oil Pressure Sensor: Fault

Reaction score
Alright Guys,

Anyone had this one their RS3 and know what it is and if it’s serious or not?

Just came up on my car not sure why.

Pic attached

694d58c6e5741686f8d3bab5adb943b1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously check the oil on the dipstick. Had this happen on a new car a few years ago and it was the result of going up a steep hill.

Reactions: DangerMouseUK
Obviously check the oil on the dipstick. Had this happen on a new car a few years ago and it was the result of going up a steep hill.

Yeah will do it tomorrow - light only came on on the way home.

Would have hoped it’s not low oil when the car is brand new and only done 900 miles!

Yeah will do it tomorrow - light only came on on the way home.

Would have hoped it’s not low oil when the car is brand new and only done 900 miles!

Did you not dip the stick when you 1st bought it ?
First thing I did when I picked mine up.

As above, after parking up leave for 10 mins then dip it.

Could be just a glitch if it’s gone off and not returned, assuming the oil level is ok.

I didn’t on this car tbh with it being brand new.

Will have a look tomorrow and see!

I didn’t on this car tbh with it being brand new.

Will have a look tomorrow and see!

Fingers crossed.

If it's anything like the tyre pressures and wheel nut torques on mine it wouldn't surprise me if it's been missed on PDI. Should be right from factory though given its filled there.

Alright Guys,

Anyone had this one their RS3 and know what it is and if it’s serious or not?

Just came up on my car not sure why.

Pic attached

694d58c6e5741686f8d3bab5adb943b1.jpg

Happened to me when I received the car from the dealer on my first startup lol
They just did a few tests to check that indeed just the sensor is faulty and changed it.

Checked oil, was within normal range so called Audi Assist - they came 30 mins later so fair play to them.

Basically my right oil pressure sensor is faulty and he’s been called out for a couple of them on the 8Y RS3 - he checked the pressure manually which was absolutely fine and the cars systems - showed me the screen with the left sensor stable and the right one doing roller coasters all over the screen and then said car is fine to drive just get it to a dealer to replace the pressure sensor.

Also told me he’s been called out to way too many 8Y problems which wasn’t great but there you go lol

Reactions: Mike.46 and 8YARWY
Checked oil, was within normal range so called Audi Assist - they came 30 mins later so fair play to them.

Basically my right oil pressure sensor is faulty and he’s been called out for a couple of them on the 8Y RS3 - he checked the pressure manually which was absolutely fine and the cars systems - showed me the screen with the left sensor stable and the right one doing roller coasters all over the screen and then said car is fine to drive just get it to a dealer to replace the pressure sensor.

Also told me he’s been called out to way too many 8Y problems which wasn’t great but there you go lol

That’s good to hear its only a sensor. i would be worried if it was actually low oil pressure

Went into dealer today for follow up and they said they couldn’t replicate so wouldn’t replace sensor as it’s not doing it now.

Getting the Audi Assist job report sent over to them to send to warranty department to see if they will ok replacement anyway.

Bit long winded but there you go

Went into dealer today for follow up and they said they couldn’t replicate so wouldn’t replace sensor as it’s not doing it now.

Getting the Audi Assist job report sent over to them to send to warranty department to see if they will ok replacement anyway.

Bit long winded but there you go

That’s **** mate, not that I wish it happen to you but I’d love a case like this where they say it’s fine and then a engine goes and that idiotic place of a dealer has to fit the bill for a brand new engine! They have there own mechanics diagnose it yes it’s still not a issue! This is the reason I never care about modding and through the warranty out the window on day one like I already did…..on day one!

Reactions: RS03???, DangerMouseUK, RSt3ve and 1 other person
Thanks mate, was a bit of a headache still don't have the sensor fixed but whatever that's Audi UK for you I guess.

IMG 20220513 WA0064
I've just had the exact same thing but mines staying on. Had the oil chnaged like 2 days ago right after the 1000 miles.

If Audi assist come out to diagnose it when they plug their computers in it goes away and then doesn’t come back which if you’re trying to then go to the dealership it won’t show on their computers and they will refuse to change it. Which is a bit of a joke if you ask me - as they have the Audi assist report.

If Audi assist come out to diagnose it when they plug their computers in it goes away and then doesn’t come back which if you’re trying to then go to the dealership it won’t show on their computers and they will refuse to change it. Which is a bit of a joke if you ask me - as they have the Audi assist report.

The opposite for me actually, mine appeared the moment I turned on the car for the first time () and disappeared once I turned it off the second time but they saw when it was last logged in the computer when they connected to the ECU and based on that they’ve replaced it

Must just be Jardine being a bit poor.

They’ve booked me in for June as apparently there’s a software update to stop the profile settings stuff appearing all the time so will push them again on replacing the sensor.

Audi assist came out to our kangerooing A3 some years back, I actually knew the bloke! he asked me what I thought was up with it? I said if it was a 911 it would be the fuel pump one way valve, the computer said low fuel pressure circut 1, so the in tank pump, he printed out the fault and the car went in to Audi.

Audi said they needed to keep the car a while as it was ok now, I asked how long for as it did the kangerooing once in 9000 miles, they had it a month ***, eventually fitted a new ecu and needed both keys, two weeks later wifey comes kangerooing back up the road again.............................

They had the car another two weeks (I got pi$$ed off pretty quick this time as the previous S4 coutesey car was now a basic A2 POS) until I went ballistic and asked why they didnt believe the fault codes and just change the fuel pump ***? they changed the fuel pump and hey presto all was well for the next 25000 miles

Reactions: RS03??? and DangerMouseUK
Anyone had the oil pressure sensor repaired by Audi yet? Keep clearing the fault on mine and advising it's normal ‍♂️