Oil pressure warning light

Nessy

VW + Audi mad
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of doing an oil and filter change on my ' 99 A4 TDi with the driver information system.
Have filled it up with oil and briefly turned engine over to distribute oil.
Just realised that there doesn't appear to be an engine oil pressure light on the dash?
When putting ignition on all I get is an 'OK' from the DIS display and that's it.
Is this normal or do I have a non-functioning warning light in the DIS?
The glovebox manual is as clear as mud on this point....

Thanks

Paul

I may be wrong but I think you press the left hand button on the dashboard (the one below the rev counter) and that does a system check, showing your oil light etc

As I said, I may be wrong seeing as I've got a car thats 2 years older than yours

---------------------------------------------

1997 A4 tdi quattro
1974 Triumph TR6
2001 Honda Fireblade

The pre '99 facelift ones have a oil pressure warning light ONLY - that flashes red with an oil sign and beeps - but ONLY when the engine is running.

The 99 onwards should have this as well as a low oil warning - yellow signal with one beep.

THink thats about right... only ever seen mine once when cornering very hard with low oil.

Thanks for the replies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif .
Managed to find the system check button,and all the lights seem to work as they should.
Seems a bit odd that Audi missed off a warning light that every other car I've ever had has got;heck even my old Beetle has got one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif