oil pump balance shaft

0120raptor

Reaction score
A3 quattro 2007 bmn engine 170ps .Does my engine have the troublesome balance shafts and if so do I need to do the oil pump mod and where do I get the parts?

I don't believe they do, I think these are on the CR engine?

Don't know about the CR engine but I think that's the same Pd as my Wife's and I am sure, like the BKD 140 the balance shaft issue doesn't exist for them. I have a file saved on my home compuer I am sure that has some of the codes, will see if I can dig it out for you unless someone else can confirm first? What I have is a copy of the Audi Driver magazine article, maybe someone else has a link?

Right, not so good news, I didn't find the Adu Drver article, I think it's been deleted and the link now just takes you to a generic Audi Driver page, may be possible if you knew when it was published to look it up butI don't.
There is another post on here; http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s...lems-definitive-guide-audi-vw-skoda-seat.html
Loads of good info and your engine code is mentioned in the first couple of lines ;)

to clear it up for you any cr 170
engine produced before sept 2009 has the same bad oil pump drive design , i had to change it on a 58 plate audi a4 170 with cr engine ,but have witnessed first hand it happen on audi and skoda brands