Oil query??

ryanstewart9

Reaction score
Hope someone can help me with this one.

Got my car back from the dealer yesterday after the car had an oil change service (due to the dealer carrying out a fixed service instead of a variable). They have used a Quantum oil called Synta Z?

Anyone used this oil? According to a trade source this is not a longlife oil & it has no VW specification as its meant for Fords? Also asked another dealer & was told they would be surprised if a dealer was using it for longlife as both Castrol & Mobil have specific VW rated oil?

Any help/advise appreciated....

they should have used quantum longlife 3 for a variable service

they should have used quantum longlife 3 for a variable service

I would ask they take it out as it does not meet any VW spec, you could always contact quantum which is owned by vw to confirm for sure

Reactions: ryanstewart9
I tried to Google Quantum & it just kept coming up with TPS?

I may ring Audi UK tomorrow to see what they say.

When I queried it with the dealer today, he said they had been led to believe it could be used as a longlife oil. He then said he would have to speak to the service manager tomorrow & get back to me.

Update:
Spoke to Audi UK today. 'No sir, that oil is not a recognised longlife oil as far as Audi are concerned. If you have any issues with the dealer changing the oil free of charge then please let us know'.

Update:
Spoke to Audi UK today. 'No sir, that oil is not a recognised longlife oil as far as Audi are concerned. If you have any issues with the dealer changing the oil free of charge then please let us know'.

Stealers trying to cut corners and save some £££

Another dealer said the same thing when I mentioned what they had done.

Heard from the dealer: Terribly sorry for the confusion Mr Stewart, we filled the car with a fully synthetic oil but it needed to be fully synthetic & longlife for your variable service. If you can bring the car back at your earliest convenience then we will drain the oil & change it Free Of Charge. Please don't be concerned about driving your car in the meantime as it will not damage the car in any way.

I wouldn't be as annoyed, but the reason the car was having the oil change in the first place was because they put my car on a fixed service instead of carrying out the longlife service.