Oil service

IRONy_MAN

IRONy_MAN
Reaction score
Hi to everyone I m planning a 3500 miles trip and I ve checked in the morning my oil which is fine,than I've had a look on service display so I've seen that my oil must be changed in 3780 miles and my service is due in 152 days.I have called audiuk to see some advice and the gent over the phone told me that only data he s having is from 2013 at 19000 miles..obviously I wasn t happy so I ve called the Audi dealer I've got the car from and no one was available to give an answer on how come my oil change is not in audi uk 'service data base...and I've seen on my service book that apparently they have changed the oil at 36000 and I was a bit shocked I know that must be longlife service but still...so long like 19000 to change the oil?is that good for the engine??as a friend said' no one cares about cars like you anymore'..

19000 is the standard long life service interval for higher mileage cars. It is fixed for cars doing up to 10,000 a year.
I don't like the long life although I do 20k per annum. I change the oil and filter between services.

Thanks Scott so I ve got next two services from Audi so if I don t want any more the long life on the car? What s the next one 15000 or 10000? I don t mind to change the oil every 10000 miles. Adi

If you have 2 free services from Audi finance they do them at 9500 miles interval.

If in doubt, just buy 5 litres of Mobil 1 ESP from Halfords and change the oil yourself. Then get it serviced at the scheduled interval.

If you have 2 free services from Audi finance they do them at 9500 miles interval.

If in doubt, just buy 5 litres of Mobil 1 ESP from Halfords and change the oil yourself. Then get it serviced at the scheduled interval.
Yes I have two services with 'em but I understand now tagt this is longlife at 19000 m..still a lot of milesso it s whichever comes first between milage and period of time?for oil and service? Is that right? Adi

Reactions: Bristle Hound
When I bought my B8 on Audi finance they insisted on fixed service, even though I was doing 15000 miles a year at the time.
******** up my plans as I thought I could get them to pay for the transmission oil service :(

The B8.5 I bought with cash, I have it serviced on longlife but do my own change in between. Saves a load of money yet keeps the book stamped correctly.

When I bought my B8 on Audi finance they insisted on fixed service, even though I was doing 15000 miles a year at the time.
******** up my plans as I thought I could get them to pay for the transmission oil service :(

The B8.5 I bought with cash, I have it serviced on longlife but do my own change in between. Saves a load of money yet keeps the book stamped correctly.
That s a clever way to do it I guess...will see. Thanks

Perhaps the stamps in your service book was done by a mate at audi for the preivous owner to help sell, or he has done it off the books.
I have a friend in Audi who offers to stamp up your book to give it full history, but he warns that he wont update it in the audi system so if they ever check they will see a gap in service history... but he also does services off the books for friends and does a stamp then too.
i ofcourse have never had him do mine as I oil change every 6 to 12 months with invoices as proof :)
Mine is a high miler and used to cover a decent 20k between 12 month services on the long life oil, It has 115k on now and is driven maybe 10k a year now so has the normal Castrol edge 5w30 instead as long life is no longer required.
I would say 20k is fine given has had it every year before at a simular rate. Hope that helps.

Thanks Amanda I was worried about the same thing that someone tried to 'help' a bit with the whole selling process.Thank you. Adi

Just called Audi and they ve found the next service and it s all fine but I m still thinking on switching to normal 9000 m one no more long life as I drive short distances and around town. Thanks again

Just called Audi and they ve found the next service and it s all fine but I m still thinking on switching to normal 9000 m one no more long life as I drive short distances and around town. Thanks again

Fair enough.
Since i swapped from long life to normal I noticed the engine sounds more diesely (had it 3 years, i know when its changed). i have heard others say simular when swapping from one to the other.
Power,mpg etc is all the same though, just sounds slightly more tanky.

Reactions: IRONy_MAN