Oil temperature without going into lap timer

Goubo1

Reaction score
Is there a way to get the oil temperature to display with out having to go into Laptimer??

VCDS tweak can bring it up as one of the scroll feature on the dash display. Where the mile range, average mpg is shown.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Goubo1
VCDS tweak can bring it up as one of the scroll feature on the dash display. Where the mile range, average mpg is shown.

Got any links to a how to or such ??

Tick box exercise with Carista dongle

f22228f060200f00ba6a887118c0688f.jpg

Just this and will allow me to play with some settings with the Carista iPhone app ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f22228f060200f00ba6a887118c0688f.jpg

Just this and will allow me to play with some settings with the Carista iPhone app ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes! Most of the basic features, just switch things on and off. Very useful.

Reactions: Goubo1
Can you also get the drive selection that way?
Like auto, dynamic, comfort...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn WAS-LX1A met Tapatalk

Like so it always starts in proper dynamic mode ??
I don’t believe so, Audi have defaulted the drive select program to comfort after every ignition off for safety reasons, if you want it you have to cycle back through the drive select.

Yes of course I know that, but I want to see this in the on-board computer of the dashboard in which selection I am. I do not have a VC. The only way to see is in the screen in the middle of the console.
Hence my question whether we, like the oil temperature, can also conjure that function with a vcds tweak.

Yes of course I know that, but I want to see this in the on-board computer of the dashboard in which selection I am. I do not have a VC. The only way to see is in the screen in the middle of the console.
Hence my question whether we, like the oil temperature, can also conjure that function with a vcds tweak.

You wouldn't be able to, the only way to see what engine model you're in would be in the dials, so if it said "E5" you'd be in 5th gear efficiency, "S5" is sport and "D5" could be comfort or dynamic.

1. Select STG 17 (switchboard)
  2. STG long coding -> function 07
  3. byte 10
  4. Enable Bit 1
Audi_A3_8V_%C3%96ltemperaturanzeige-im-Fis-Verbrauchswerte.jpg

Reference: https://www.stemei.de/pages/coding/audi-a3-8v/oeltemperaturanzeige-in-verbrauchsanzeige.php

I tried that in my B8.5 A5 but unfortunately it doesn't work.
I don't have the scroll on my steering wheel though - have to move through menus with buttons on the right stalk.
Looks like its a different system in that regard so probably that's why its not compatible.

But it would be nice not to have to go into the lap timer to check temps

It can be activated with obdeleven or vcds in the pfl. I activated mine with obdeleven so I don't have to go into lap timer.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

It can be activated with obdeleven or vcds in the pfl. I activated mine with obdeleven so I don't have to go into lap timer.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
I have obdeleven and the option is there but when I code it in, nothing happens and I did go through all the menus.

All videos on YouTube and threads on Google mention this for the A3 line so I think I'm left with the lap timer

Screenshot 20220311 124405