Oil Type 35 TFSI

AStalUK

Reaction score
I need to top up the oil for my 2021 A3 35 TFSi, my local dealer tells me I need 0W-20, would Castrol EDGE Titanium 0W-20 be okay?

Thanks in advance.

Dealer that put the original oil in on my mid 2021 A3 when it first arrived off the ship, also stated 0W-20 for mine 30TFSI MHEV.

Specifically I was told 0W-20 Long Life so after checking on Castrols site I have gone with their recommendation and ordered Castrol Edge Pro LL IV FE 0W-20.

Anything they can do to get the emissions down in the factory lol. And people wonder why engines don't last the mileage they used to. IMEO, 0w20 is too thin for anything other than a highly tuned engine.

Anything they can do to get the emissions down in the factory lol. And people wonder why engines don't last the mileage they used to. IMEO, 0w20 is too thin for anything other than a highly tuned engine.
I think you meant to say “anything they can do to get the emissions down (full stop)”, as the increased efficiency continues outside of the factory too. Have you seen any evidence of increased engine wear? The web pages thrown up by a Google search seem to agree that there is no evidence of this in over a decade of use.

Reactions: RichK
20 grade will have a very good proportion of the two real synthetic oil types PAO and Esters with these and a good additive package you can have both .

Here's a 250+ oils tested for film strength by a mechanical engineer who researched tribology.

Screenshot 20220424 122620 Chrome

Reactions: AdamInKent
The last two A3’s I had came with a bottle to top up the email, but not this one. Thinking about it, the last two also came with a paintwork care kit, again didn’t get it this time.

The last two A3’s I had came with a bottle to top up the email, but not this one. Thinking about it, the last two also came with a paintwork care kit, again didn’t get it this time.
I’ve made it a year without having to top up the oil. Perhaps, with modern manufacturing techniques, we are past the time of new engines needing a top up before the first service?

Last edited:
That would be nice, but only 6000 miles and my oil level is at the half way mark.

I’ve made it a year without having to top up the oil. Perhaps, with modern manufacturing techniques, we are past the time of new engines needing a top up before the first service?
I didn't have to yet after 9 months, last time I checked the dip stick, still more towards the max rather than the min. Oil colour wise dark yellow (olive oil type). Assuming new oil is light yellow (sunflower oil)? My first car, after a year (diesel) the engine oil colour was very dark, more like balsamic vinegar.

I didn't have to yet after 9 months, last time I checked the dip stick, still more towards the max rather than the min. Oil colour wise dark yellow (olive oil type). Assuming new oil is light yellow (sunflower oil)? My first car, after a year (diesel) the engine oil colour was very dark, more like balsamic vinegar.
My first car was a Ford F-Series Super Duty, and I changed the oil on it about once a year. So when it was time to change the oil it wasn't exactly dark, but you could tell it was time to change it. It still depends on the quality of the oil. If you put good oil in it, it won't turn black like that. I used the best oil for 6.7 Powerstroke from the Valvoline Premium brand and it gave good results.

What brand oil manufacturers a product which meets audi vw 509 00 standard in the 0 w 20

Thought castrol did but it seems they have removed vw spec from their website

Looking to top up my 2.0 tdi in uk