Oil underneath throttle body..

Brad1011

Reaction score
D5E42E42 E714 45EF ABB8 066C1DA29D70
Evening Audi heads..

Just bought an s3 8l couple months in now..
Bought it from a tight teenager that had clearly done no maintenance what so ever, after spending hours on here I’m slowly educating myself NOT IN THE GAME... bought this as a weekend toy and hobby,
It’s got 127k on the clock APY engine, My brother in law has done cambelt water pump and all service bits just need gearbox oil doing, I replaced the PCV for a catch can as it was split and taped with electrical tape and must of been like it for some time.YEP.. now that’s done I’m half certain that the amount of oil in the area hasn’t come from the PCV, but seems to be really oily around the throttle body I will get round to cleaning that next week I’ll order a gasket tonight, it’s being funny starting on the second turn but once it’s started it will start 1st every time could the throttle body be caked with oil from the pcv? And leaking out the gasket ? Idle a little rough when cold then smoothes out is that normal?
Compression test from right 175 175 165 165
Are those numbers okay ?
Car has B5 tip, airfilter, milltek catback.
Any links to a decent VCDS lead value for money would be great I have no idea what I’m looking at...
I did read about the not starting on first turn and people saying on fuel pump but no update on confirmations and I do hear it prime on key.
Sorry this is long winded
Many thanks in advance Brad

Welcome.

Well, oil in the PCV system does end up in the intake so can make its way into the throttle body. It’s a good idea to remove it and clean it all down, it may help your idle. Compression test numbers are good. Worn fuel pump is very common on these old cars now and hearing it prime does not mean it’s still pumping as it should though.

Welcome.

Well, oil in the PCV system does end up in the intake so can make its way into the throttle body. It’s a good idea to remove it and clean it all down, it may help your idle. Compression test numbers are good. Worn fuel pump is very common on these old cars now and hearing it prime does not mean it’s still pumping as it should though.

Thanks for your time vex, when he went to change the fuel filter it was rusted to **** so that probably doesn’t help.. injectors look oily round the seal so I’m tryna source new seals I’m guessing they’re generic for Bosch as I’m putting in part numbers and finding the same one ? I’ve ordered carb cleaner and a new gasket along so I’ll see how I get on cheers !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk