old age and young chav drivers

205man

Reaction score
thanks to some old age fart who was doing about 25mph on a 60mph road in his crappy old volvo ive managed to graze my front wheel.

because the old fart was going so slow he had a queue of cars behind so enter the chav in chaved up ford ka, who decide he wasnt going to wait any longer so decided to overtake the old git and 3 other cars, unfortunately he didnt bother looking when he pulled out and the road wasnt very wide, and i was coming the other way.

options were stay where i was and he hits front drivers side as he swung out or swerve and hope there was room. There was but at the expense of my wheel getting grazed.
id like to personally thank them both by smacking them both in the face. Old people should be made to retest as alot of them just cant handle todays traffic etc.
and dotn get me started on young kids who just pass their tests and then think that their 1l cars are as quick as a f1 car and have the skill of an f1 driver (grosjean not included lol)

Ouch, hope it didn't knock the tracking out mate! I totally know what you mean though... I don't do as much mileage as I use to, every trip is a risk, and there's always a hazard or two to avoid on the way to your destination.

Think I've learned to live with it though, or you'd have seen many rant posts from me daily!

Main thing is, thank your lucky stars you've got to where you want to alive and in one piece.

So a car coming towards you was overtaken at the wrong time by a young knobhead and you suffered the damage and blame the old guy for driving slowly?
Feel for your damage dude but you have a couple of options, slow right down and take avoiding action and damage you car, which you did.
Slow right down, don't take avoiding action and let the knob head hit you, thus damaging your car but hey, you will have his details and wasn't it unfortunate that despite his air bag going off he still hit his head and face several times on the steering wheel and wheel brace that must has been loose and flying around in his car.

Third option, second option as above but take advantage of the in car camera group buy and get it all on camera for police and insurance company evidence. The £250 odd it will cost you to get one fitted is now looking quite cheap in comparison.

Oh, and no matter how much we hate old people driving and holding us up, they have been driving a lot longer than most of us and drive slow for a reason, its to avoid knobheads who overtake at every opportunity whether its safe or not.

im quite lucky now jojo as i moved offices and means i can walk to work most days, but this week i have been driving up and down from birmingham every day and its so much more noticable how many more idiots there are now on the roads.
i think my tracking wont be to bad as i saw what he was doing before he saw me so id braked to slow down and the wheel brushed the curb instead of hitting hard, but its so annoying as ive had these wheels 6 years and this only the 2nd mark on them.

it seems that these days young drivers forget everything they learned as soon as they get they pass.

our internet and phone went off last week at home and it turned out the young girl down the road who only passed her test a month ago had reversed off her parents straight across the road and into the telephone exchange box and knocked all the phone/internet out. And to top it off apparently she drove and tried to say it wasnt her, even though he car is dented and there was paint transfer both ways from car/exchange.
but she was seen and grassed up lol .......by her own dad who has now took her keys off and now she got the police and bt to deal with lol......he dad is fuming as we live in a nice area and he is so embarassed that she just drove off and denied doing it

the problem with driving slow is that it becomes a hazzard in itself and if he had been a young person on a driving test then he would have failed for hesitancy as the road was clear and it was 60mph zone.

what i wish was that i was driving an artic lorry and just drove over the ****** ka lol

It is really annoying, and it is risky driving a car these days.

I am driving through East London and North West London almost daily at the moment, in my lovely car, and I worry some **** is going to damage it by cutting up, pulling out, squeezing through, and general bad driving behaviours.

What I should do is buy an old van, then I wouldn't give a sh1t what they did to it.

But then I love driving my car, it makes it a real pleasure to drive around in some of the ****tiest parts of greater London.

On 5 occasions today I had to sound my horn to let other drivers know I was there as they just rushed onto the North Circular without looking and nearly took the front of my car with them.

Happy days!

It seems that driving standards are down all over the country. I live in a road with a school, and at school run time I am stood on my doorstep with a camera in my pocket just in case another **** hits my car and drives off.

But its also funny watching someone try and get a Nissan Micra sized car into something a Transit van could fit into and unload.

Driving standards have deteriorated dramatically over the last few years. So much agression about now and most drivers seam to be in such ****** hurry.
Don't even get me started on use of mobile phones, gone up dramatically.
If I get one of these tossers behind me I pull over and let them be on their way giving them the chance to go up someone else's **** as long as it's not mine.
Some years ago I went through what was then the equivalent of police advanced standard driver training, best thing I ever did, helps keep me out of trouble whilst trying to survive in the mad world around me.

Driving standards have deteriorated dramatically over the last few years. So much agression about now and most drivers seam to be in such ****** hurry.
Don't even get me started on use of mobile phones, gone up dramatically.
If I get one of these tossers behind me I pull over and let them be on their way giving them the chance to go up someone else's **** as long as it's not mine.
Some years ago I went through what was then the equivalent of police advanced standard driver training, best thing I ever did, helps keep me out of trouble whilst trying to survive in the mad world around me.

Must say, i think i see more people on the phone driving now than i ever have before and not just cars, lorry drivers are buggers for it aswell. Also sat at junctions and trafffic lights texting. Very annoying!

It is the texters that really concern me.

You can tell who they are, they are in the middle lane doing 70 mph and they weave into the outside lane before snatching back into the middle lane. When you pass them they aren't looking as they are tapping away on their phones.

Handsfree kits are awesome, but they don't text.

It is the texters that really concern me.

You can tell who they are, they are in the middle lane doing 70 mph and they weave into the outside lane before snatching back into the middle lane. When you pass them they aren't looking as they are tapping away on their phones.

Handsfree kits are awesome, but they don't text.

A blast of the horn usually brings the txting to an end quite quickly! followed with a look of shock ( and then usually anger)!:box:

'Chav' drivers are the worse! Had to drive to Plymouth at the weekend, on a single carriage road a kid with his friends in his fiesta pulled out to try and overtake me but couldn't get the speed needed, then beeped at me as if I should slow down and let him in front.

Why even try? Happens to me far too often.
I'm not looking forward to the day that it ends in tears.

'Chav' drivers are the worse! Had to drive to Plymouth at the weekend, on a single carriage road a kid with his friends in his fiesta pulled out to try and overtake me but couldn't get the speed needed, then beeped at me as if I should slow down and let him in front.

Why even try? Happens to me far too often.
I'm not looking forward to the day that it ends in tears.

not just me that becomes a little heavy footed when this happens?

Accelerating when someone one is overtaking is dangerous as much as the person might be overtaking at the wrong time it makes it even more dangerous if you accelerate I personally ease off if someone overtakes me when I think the gaps too small more so for the person coming the other way

Accelerating when someone one is overtaking is dangerous as much as the person might be overtaking at the wrong time it makes it even more dangerous if you accelerate I personally ease off if someone overtakes me when I think the gaps too small more so for the person coming the other way

That probably sounded worse than it should of. I wouldn't do that if I could see someone coming at any distance / couldn't see ahead of me for a fair way.

That probably sounded worse than it should of. I wouldn't do that if I could see someone coming at any distance / couldn't see ahead of me for a fair way.

Thought what I'd said would be interpreted that way, I would only do that if I could see nothing coming in the other direction

Quite agree, Usually get this going though my village, its fairly straight and people always want to go about 40mph through the 30, at the end of the village is a nice straight clearly visible road with the National speed limit and you can bet they will try and overtake because "they have somewhere to be" and they "think your going to carry on driving at slow speed"
Overtake Denied......
then slow right back down to 30 for the next village :p... Speed limits are there for a reason.....

If it had been me in the original poster's place, I would of been making a swift about turn and chasing the ****** down.

On the side of the old folks and their painful driving, I believe the police up here in the Lakes are meant to be starting up skills and abilities tests on old age drivers. This is just what I caught briefly in the paper or on twitter but how they'll actually manage it I can't begin to imagine???

How did you know how fast the old guy was going if you were going the other way?
The Ka was overtaking 4 cars, the last being the Volvo?

I do sympathise with your wheel damage and understand your frustration.

thanks to some old age fart who was doing about 25mph on a 60mph road in his crappy old volvo ive managed to graze my front wheel
Oh diddams so your little wheel has been damaged.
'Old fart' may have been your dad and certainly somebodys son. 'Old fart' may well have risked life and limb in a war so yobs can live.
'Old fart' probably got more manly guts than most of todays scumbags. 'Old fart' may well be no able to drive safely and heaven forbid not own some tacky souped up Saxo or Audi, but so what, most of the drivers he will encounter cannot drive either, as proven by the story told. Good luck to the Old fart for being content to amble along and if he ****** off others then that's tough.

Reactions: TonyH38
I think we need to respect more mature drivers,we will all get there won't we (if we are lucky !)

Reactions: TonyH38
I think we need to respect more mature drivers,we will all get there won't we (if we are lucky !)

This is very true - and if we can't respect them we should at least give them our patience.
When I was walking through town I saw an older gent trying to get on the bus, he was struggling as he had a walking stick and was laden with shopping. Instead of anyone helping some young yobo behind him started marking gestures behind the guys back.
I just took the weight of the shopping and helped the guy on the bus, manners and patience cost nothing but seem to be the hardest deal to find these days.... Needless to say, the bus driver didn't want said yobo on the bus after he gobbed off, so he had to walk home.... karma!