Old People in Villages

V6Tom

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Decided to go for a nice drive take some B roads and explore a bit. Overall a good day but I have to say every time I went through a village I would slow to like 15 mph and potter around until I manage to make my way through but there's always some old guy or woman doing the low down slow down hand gesture? I'm practically moving at walking speed.

Happened to me once before so I pulled over loaded my dash cam with GPS and proved to the guy I was going 20 in a 30. I don't understand this ? its a rare occurrence but it really triggers me, I'm not a perfect driver but I do feel like I go out of my way to not be a ****, Slow down to help cars come through country roads and aid traffic flow, stop and let horses pass to not spook them etc? i feel like its a presumption or instinct they have when seeing anything german that makes glug, glug, glug sounds when its rolling about at normy speeds

Another time I was driving down a road near my house at 30. and some old couple decided to cross the road when I was 20ft away so I had to slam breaks on thinking jheezus what on earth are they blind etc? and I got the abuse lol I saved that footage somewhere

Anyway, I feel better now lol just wanted to see if its just me who gets this?

Reactions: wab172uk
lol not really that loud tbh. and my speedo is GPS driven

Back in the day of Subaru’s. I would drive through a village on the way to work. Would always get aggressive looks from the women taking their kids to school.

one day I pulled out of a junction behind a mondo that must have been doing 40-45mph (in a 30). Not a flinch from the loose women brigade. Me? Was doing 20’ish. But …. Doing 20 in a bright Blue Subaru, these women who ignored the speeding Mondeo, stepped out into the road, waving and screaming at me to “slow down” and “you’ll kill someone”. because I’m the danger, not Mr. Mondeo !!!!

On my estate now, all the cars I see speeding round the narrow roads, are all women, with kids in the back. But same women will scream at some young lad in a hot hatch who is doing nothing wrong

Reactions: V6Tom and Sandra