Old Style HPFP Removal Help Please!

SteveA38P

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

min doing the usual cam follower jobby but I’m having trouble disconnecting one of the metal fuel lines to the HPFP..

At the bottom of the nut there’s this hole but I can’t for the life of me figure out what bit will fit in it and it’s currently sat there ******* out fuel.. any ideas will be very helpful, the hole looks pretty mashed up so if anyone knows of what part to replace this that’d be great.

turned a 10 min job in an overnight job as usual

Attachments

• C7BB896A-B8D8-45EE-8E43-9501838791C7.jpeg
    C7BB896A-B8D8-45EE-8E43-9501838791C7.jpeg
    959.4 KB · Views: 95
What engine?

I can only talk for the 2.0 TFSI, but you only need to disconnect one line to replace the cam follower.

Not sure if it's any help, but only thing I can think it is from what you're doing is 4:05 in this video ()

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

What engine?

I can only talk for the 2.0 TFSI, but you only need to disconnect one line to replace the cam follower.

Not sure if it's any help, but only thing I can think it is from what you're doing is 4:05 in this video ()

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Aha!! That’s exactly what I needed - M8 bit and a banjo bolt - thank you so much

Aha!! That’s exactly what I needed - M8 bit and a banjo bolt - thank you so much
If you're inspecting or changing the cam follower you don't need to disconnect the line on the left of that (or at least I didn't).

I did it at the weekend for the first time, hardest part of the whole job is getting the engine cover off, almost gave myself a hernia.

Reactions: Kayobong and Bryant1998