OMG!!! I've just been SACKED!

28v6

Yep! 4:30 today I've just been sacked by my company, barely 1 month into the job and I've been informed that as of today I'm no longer required..AAAARRRRRRGGGHH!:scared2: :scared2:

I left a reliable job in October after being offered more money, some decent commission etc etc from a small two bit company. As a good salesman with a strong reputation, I thought that this would be a chance to turn things around and go some where,make my mark as it were, after working for all the big companies and dealing with Tw4ts and Richard Craniums that don't recognize who the customer is, or who pays the bills at the end of the day...this would have been slightly different WRONG!!!!!

I had alarm bells ring after the interview when he said that the other guy didn't do the job for him and he expected orders immediately!! But I thought, on his word (and later contract), he was giving twelve months (confirmed) to turn the area around and bring some profit back into the company. Two weeks into the job and I'd had my first nut kicking session, there's no orders appearing on the horizion, he doesn't know whats going on in the area etc. I explained my reports, projects and level of enquiries had increased, but in his eyes I hadn't brought any orders in, (bare in mind this was only after 2weeks!!) On carrying out the job it turns out that "Customer" hasn't seen someone for over two years,"The Database" was out of date and people had either left or moved on.. and yet they were still HIS contacts.. and that some thought my employers were w4nkers by their overbearing attitude.

Alarm bells started to ring LOUDER as payday approached and there was no signs of a BACS transfer into the accout, worse still I find that he preferss to pay everyone by cheque :scared2:

Well its finally happened the call today, was to blame the employee never the employer on the lack of orders coming in.. Typical...

Well, Feck! Meldrew.. change of approach, an Older and wiser character now.. SCROOGE!!! Bah Humbug!!..

"Christmas, what ******' Christmas... Christmas is Cancelled....GRRRRRR:gun2:

Sorry to hear that m8, sound like a complete bunch if *******, something better will come along soon, I could say come work in the company I work for, only rules of the shift is you need to drive an Audi. :racer:

ah man, thats bad
hope things work out for ya,

Gutted for ya fella!

There's never a good time to be made unemployed; but of course the present is worse than most.

I understand you've only been with the company for a short period, and that may of course include a probationary period, but is there no recourse you can take from your contract?

I hope you get back on your feet again soon chap; I've been in a similar situation myself and while it's not pleasant, there is light at the end of the tunnel, I hope you get there soon!

Regards,

Rob.

PS> If you're down-south passing my way, I'm the first to get the Christmas beers in!

gutted for you.. good luck with finding an alternative, been there once myself about 15yrs ago.. not that that helps, but big sympathy there!

Have you got littluns?

28v6 :wtf: OMG F**king GOD!!!! That is so :sign_unfair:

Can't believe it!!! dunno what to say!! move down to Wales, I'll get my Director to give you a proper career (we'll get rid of my line-manager)! I'm kinda speechless!

:blownose:

all i can say is sorry to hear the bad news m8, f**kin **** u use to work for

Man that sucks, I have been in the same position over christmas too, it blows big time. Rest easy in the fact he will get his someday, the ******.

Sorry to hear that Dave especially at this time.....sure there will be something else for you to pick up on .....What do you do for a living ?.......so i can keep an eye out for you

Oddly enough, I USED TO sell engineering equipment (Valves /pumps etc TO the Distillers)

Been working in the Oil & Gas Industry now for the last 10 years at least... but it has a knee jerk reaction to "Shutting" you out for a period of time.. peculiar really considering I know sooooo much about it up there and in London..

Thanks Guys..... All of you, Thanks it means alot...:o.k:

Feelin' kinda stoooopid, kinda low right now...:3sadwalk:

look on the positive Dave the guy you were working for sounds like an ******** so it is probably the best thing to happen as i cant imagine having monthly meeting with a guy like this on targets and performance levels..bet he is completey anal

Take it easy, bud. We love you.

Like the guys said, you'll get back on your feet, and someone will do for that ******.

Hey sorry to hear this... I had a something like this happen to me a few years ago, I know how it feels so Im gutted for you..(I dont love you though:ohmy:)

Sorry to hear that buddy, never a good thing, thin k pos and you will be ok!!
enjoy and good luck

Anyway as the guys have said every cloud has a silver lining. Now with all the spare time you have, maybe you can look up that girl you met that crapped in your face that time... :)

Sorry to hear the bad news, your old boss sounds like a complete muppet imo

hope you get through it all ok

Sorry to hear this... I'm sure something even better will come along soon. :sign_unfair:

Sorry to hear that. Sure something will come up though, you thought of trying Score, they've got a lot of contracts right now.

Mike

Thats really harse, especially at this time of year. I know of a thriving construction company in our area that has just paid off 8 staff, on the run up to christmas!

I hope something comes along soon for you, and that things work out for you.

We can start a club, my company has been handed its notice from our cotractor. So as of 31st january am unemployed. Anyone got any IT jobs going?

I see you are in Scotland.. where abouts, where Did you work?

I work for a contractor of HP (the coputer company) based at Erskine, just west of Glasgow.

Any jobs considered except selling my ***!

Bad new, that does suck coming up to xmas :(
Can you go back to your old place?

I'm trying that at present, but there's the reservation that "You'll leave again" scenario especially seeing as they were late payers of my expenses - like two months in arrears!!!

just tell them the length of service you provided blah-de-blah you now the spiele and kinda grovel a bit (since your a salesman, you know the pitch).. good luck!