On screen display (weird)

02audis3

Reaction score
Sorry need to find myself Manual.

Weird thing happend earlyer, See in the d.i.s display were it says' 23mi or whatever number when you fuel up ect. Today when i was driving it just started flashing 2.00hr its doing my head in any ideas?

It's supposed to, that's the warning that you have been driving for, 2 hours continuously, and that you should take a break. you can clear the warning with the trip computer button and it will reapear in a further 2 hours. Or you can do the sensible thing and stop for a break and it will clear. This is covered in the owners manual.

that's the warning that you have been driving for 2 hours continuously
Sorry to be bit of a pedant but, rather than being a warning that you have been driving for two hours continuously, its actually more like a warning that your ignition has been on for two hours as it will flash up if the vehicle is moving or not. However, as noted above, it is supposed to do that.

Last edited:
Today when i was driving it just started flashing 2.00hr its doing my head in any ideas?

Did you not try to scroll through the DIS menus at all? it goes away the second you press the stalk!

Sorry to be bit of a pedant but, rather than being a warning that you have been driving for two hours continuously, its actually more like a warning that your ignition has been on for two hours as it will flash up if the vehicle is moving or not. However, as noted above, it is supposed to do that.

To be even more pedantic.....

the 2 hour period doesn't even need to be constant, I've stopped for like 1 minute an hour into a long journey for a **** in a layby or similar, keys out of the ignition, and an hour later the 2hrs has flashed up, so I think it decides how long a break is required in the 2 hour period, even if you have made a quick stop.

@Prawn: I thought my car had done similar in the past but didn't post it because I thought that maybe I'd lost track of the time or something! :laugh:

Thanks for info, I was pressing it last night wasnt going away, Least i know what it is now no need to worry next time.