One of my favourite recipes...

The Doctor

Reaction score
Website
www.wbmcc.com
Take 1 sunny day, an S3 8L in the best colour combination, and a generous helping of time.

Prepare the rest of the ingredients and set aside.

Take 1 pressure washer and dilute some Megs Hyperwash approx 1:5 with cold water.

Apply foam liberally to the S3. Leave to rest for 10mins.

Pressure wash off, including under wheel arches and along all sills.

Apply Bilberry to each wheel, and lightly agitate with a detailing brush.

Pressure wash off.

Apply Iron-X to whole of car, allow to rest for 2-3 minutes.

Pressure wash off.

Prepare 2 buckets of warm water, one containing 3-4 squirts of Dodo Juice Supernatural.

Wash entire car with lambswool wash mit, from top to bottom, using the 2-bucket method.

Rinse with open hose.

Allow to rest while consuming 1 cup of tea (no sugar, just a splash of milk) and a handful of biscuits.

Dry car carefully using a microfibre towel, including all door shuts and window surrounds.

Take 1/2 bar of Megs clay and a bottle of Megs Quick Detailer. Treat entire car to clay bar treatment.

Apply AG Super Resin Polish to entire car (one panel at a time) and buff off with a super soft polishing towel.

Rest with 4 slices of pizza from the previous evening. Wash down with 1 pint of cold Coke (other brands are available). Release internal body pressure in a very vocal way. Apologise to wife. Wash hands to remove pizza residue before continuing.

Take 1 tin of Collinite 476S and apply to one panel at a time with a soft polishing pad. Buff off with a super soft polishing towel. Repeat until entire car is coated.

Stand back, admire your work. Lovely...!

For desert, next week I shall be preparing an engine bay souffle and an interior merringue.

Reactions: Lavis89, russwuss, Nilz and 4 others
That S3 is most certainly acceptable if I may say so myself.

Lol, car is looking real good, the title of the thread was a little misleading, lol, i was expecting some nice food..:) x

You've had a day similar to mine .. too late to take pictures :-(

Is the plastic above your exhaust sprayed dark grey or just really really clean?

forgot to say.. that's one great looking S3!

Last edited:
I had a similar saturday only on an mx-5.
Mne was a recipe of ag shampoo, autosmart tardis, megs mild clay bar, auto finesse rejuvinate, 2 coats of dodo juice orange crush, megs endurance tire gel, aerospace sealant and a cold glass of lemonade as opposed to your cold glass of coke.

Very nicely done paul, as always :thumbsup:

I had a similar saturday only on an mx-5.
Mne was a recipe of ag shampoo, autosmart tardis, megs mild clay bar, auto finesse rejuvinate, 2 coats of dodo juice orange crush, megs endurance tire gel, aerospace sealant and a cold glass of lemonade as opposed to your cold glass of coke.

Very nicely done paul, as always :thumbsup:
Have you got an MX5 as well Karlos....?

Thanks chaps. During the course of the day 3 separate people quoted the usual "you'll rub the paint off that one day" phrase to me. God that gets irritating after a while.

Can't resist giving her a little "stroke" every time I walk past her now - oooh she's so smooth she's like a shaved...

...leg.

russwuss - it's just really clean!

Reactions: Nilz and Sandra
Its the mothers dont worry! I wear a balaclava when i drive on and off the driveway!

I despise it when people make that comment paul. They just dont understand what were doing or comprehend 'maintaining a car'
Do you have the roof down with your balaclava on..... There great fun to drive aren't they....

Lovely finish and nice little write up :)

I need to give that recipe a whirl rather than just jumping to the "eating last nights pizza" step and bailing on the rest

Thanks chaps. During the course of the day 3 separate people quoted the usual "you'll rub the paint off that one day" phrase to me. God that gets irritating after a while.

Can't resist giving her a little "stroke" every time I walk past her now - oooh she's so smooth she's like a shaved...

...leg.

russwuss - it's just really clean!

Oh.. Great job cleaning it!

Mine was all discoloured, sprayed it matte black today.. Well impressed :D

Sprayed Matte Black. by adamleerusse, on Flickr

Last edited:
Reactions: Lavis89