ONLINE traffic - time to load

Mooogie

Reaction score
How long are you finding the MMI taking to load the ONLINE traffic information (red/green/orange traffic congestion overlay)?
During my commute, it randomly seem to change between ONLINE and RDS info. The in-car SIM is showing good LTE strength, so don't think it is network coverage black spots, plus driving the same route every day, sometime the traffic overlay can take 10-15 mins to appear after driving off. It defeats the whole point of the service if I am well into my journey and heading straight into a jam if the system hasn't loaded soon after I drive off.. Other days, it loads within a couple of minutes of starting the car.. Seems very inconsistent. A fault, or is this just the way it is...?

Bit of an update after messing with some settings over the last couple of days.
If you turn OFF satellite map overlay, the ONLINE traffic information and red/green road congestion colours appear in less than a minute after changing this setting. It then seem to remain stable thereafter.
If you turn satellite map ovrlay back ON, the ONLINE traffic information seems to come and go. It is as if the software gives the map/graphic overlay data precedence over the ONLINE traffic info. Anybody else with the new A7 able to confirm similar behaviour in their car?
Thanks!

I only use the standard mapping (not the satellite / google map) and find traffic data shows after maybe 1 minute or so.

I've had traffic data disappear on a journey before and not return, but since I had my A7 in for a software update (relating to the door locks, but I assume they update many things) I can't say I've seen it happen much after that