open sky problem

maxwan

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know if there are drain holes in the channels under the glass roof which may be blocked as my roof is not closing properly . It looks fully closed but I can hear the wind whistling . The power switch or manual allen key operation dont seem to close it fully . The water is somehow getting under the rear seats and making its way to the boot compartment next to the battery.

hope this makes sense
cheers

Hi

Water under seats or in the boot can come from many places (unless you have already isolated the problem) rear window, rear light cluster, boot seal. I had a look at the photo's for the open sky roof system and i couldn't see any drainage holes, (not that they aren't there) just that the body work section i looked at didn't show maintenance of drainage holes.

So you describe the area under the seats as being wet, is the head lining wet?

I would also be suprised if the manual closure of the roof isn't closing it fully, i assume that its you get out if the electronic system fails and for this to also not close the roof would be a bit odd. Is the car new to you? Or has it just started happening after a few years of ownership?

It started in the summer . I found out after leaving the hosepipe on the roof and the water travels down near the rear quarterlight , wets the floor under the rear seat and flows back into the battery section. The manual closure has started to slip against the cogs in the mechanism.

Should the switch for the roof go forwards when pressed forwards and reverse when pressed reverse (mine goes one way only using either forward or backwards). Sheff audi say one way ,Doncaster Audi say both ways.
The headlining is bone dry
looks like a big job now .

Have now located the leak . It looks as though it is coming in behind the rear bumper .

does any of you guy's no how to remove the back bumper , I have had a look and removed one rear light and the kind of rain gutter at the bottom of the boot lid which is connected to the car , underneath that is approx 8 screws and under the bumper are a few more screws . I am getting stuck when it comes to what is holding it near the wheel arches .
Any help would be brilliant . Thanks

Have now located the leak . It looks as though it is coming in behind the rear bumper .

does any of you guy's no how to remove the back bumper , I have had a look and removed one rear light and the kind of rain gutter at the bottom of the boot lid which is connected to the car , underneath that is approx 8 screws and under the bumper are a few more screws . I am getting stuck when it comes to what is holding it near the wheel arches .
Any help would be brilliant . Thanks

The rear wheel arches have an inner lining and when this is removed it exposes more bolts that secure the bumper, arches and other bits (if i remember correctly)