Optical Parking System Mod Installed

You have to wait a while for it to take effect on some systems, I know mine didnt start working for about 4-5 hours later, but no guarantee it will work for you as its only rear sensors on yours isnt it, whereas all reports by others of it working are with both front & rear.

then I try again to put the value 2 instead of 0 in the encoding RNS-E and maybe walk a bit and try again the next day?
All I do or am referring also to adapt to the parking module that I posted above?

Facelift smaller/different sensors front/rear, specific pdc module, rewire/new wiring, updated gateway module, either fill existing sensor holes & drill smaller ones, drill into front bumper & grill or buy new front/rear bumper with holes there already, which iirc only facelift cars had the smaller holes.

bit of a weird one, ive read the thread a couple of times...... obviously not knowing how to check the modules ive just gone straight to module 37 to change the third digit to '2'....the option for optical doesnt appear on the pop up on vagcom? is it possible some mk2 units wont have this function? mines defo the media MMI RNS so presumed this is whats classified as mk2?

ive changed it anyway and its accepted the code, will check tomorrow morning, not hopeful though as i too only have rears so assuming the module will be the wrong type

Edit: nope ****e lol... :) aaaaand Nige's reply above explains everything

still wondering about the lack of optical option on the old vagcom, surely mines a mk2?

Last edited:
No worries shorty, if you need a hand give me a shout :)

I'm sure we can work something out :)

I can source parts if need be, just give me the nod, you know where I am.

Well stone the crows, nearly feel of my recliner lol, finally an admission of that fact :p yeah just keeps on rolling huh, I'm stagnant atm as hands are full with Issy & others peoples motors lmfao.

Yep, I've grown up and realised, there is no point saying never, still love the car to bits, and theres still room for improvement! I hope issy and marta are well, and keep up the good work! :friends:

lmfao grown up, what you do a silly thing like that for, me I'm still a kid mate but with a 37yr old body, probably why my daughter understands me allot more than others :)

Hello guys,

The local audi dealer ahs a very good offer for this kit: 8P7054630, that incldues rear parking system, it's aroudn 250euros, do you know if this will be able to communicate with my 2011 RNS-E and display the parking screen? I'm only interested in doying the back parking system, also what other aprts do i need.

THX

P.S my car is a 2005 audi a3 with 2.0 tdi and dsg box.

That is not factory oem, it wont work.

are you sure since it has a code begining with 8P :) and an Audi dealer is selling it?

Thx

It wont work with ops as its not a canbus connected pdc, it is the audi aftermarket reverse wire pdc they sell.

Read the thread, OPS is front/rear, not only rear, also you need specific module version & possibly specific sensors.

Lets just say changes are afoot :)

I'll tell yer on msn :)

Hi guys,

I have a little problem with my optical dislpay on the RNS-E in my Seat Exeo (sorry... no audi)
When I vag-com module 37 and module 10 to optical display it will accept the coding but its not showing the OPS on the screen.
This should work in audi`s so it should also work in my Exeo.

Address 37: Navigation Labels: None
Part No SW: 3R0 035 192 HW: 3R0 035 192
Component: RNS-E PU EU H06 0200
Revision: 0000012S Serial number: SEZBZ7L6900814
Coding: 0328155
Shop #: WSC 06441 785 00200
VCID: E9D23FFAFF237454

No fault code found.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 10: Park/Steer Assist (J446) Labels: 3C8-919-475.clb
Part No SW: 3R0 919 475 A HW: 3R0 919 475 A
Component: PARKHILFE 8K H07 0004
Revision: -------- Serial number: 19431032003795
Coding: 100002
Shop #: WSC 04941 000 00000
VCID: 39722FBA4F0384D4

No fault code found.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope anyone can help me with this,

Show us a pic of your nav unit as 192 units are mk1 versions & dont support OPS, plus, do you have front & rear sensors, if not then forget it, also have you checked if the Seat supports this feature & no, just cause audi supports it, doesnt mean Seat, Skoda & VW would, there are other factors involved, thats not to say it wont work but its not a simple coding in most cases.

Goodmorning,

Thanks for the quick reply.
I have this one installed;
seat-exeo.jpg

So i have the media button, 800x480 resolution, SDHC card slaves up to 32GB. and the 600 Mhz processor.
Also the front and rear sensors are installed.

But I have no idea Seat supports this feature, I just hoped that it would.

Thanks

Last edited:
Ok so when you go into your gateway module, does it specifically denote 10 as OPS?

What options does vcds show within the OPS module as coding the digit 2 in the rns unit had a different meaning on say mk1 rns units & yours may not have changed that digits actual reason for being there.

As your car is actually based on a B7 A4 chassis, I wasnt sure if it had can gateway fitted, but probably does :)

Can some one please do a wrap up of what do we need in order to retrofit OPS? I already installed my 193 navigation :)

Many thanks!

Read the thread, it has info in there that advises what parts need changing.

I've rad it but i didn't understand if i have to change the can gateway as well my car is from 2005.

Thx

Hello,

Yesterday evening, I code my RNSE 193 with the 2.
This morning , no new things in my RNSE :(

Can you confirm that even if i have a wrong park control unit(475G), i can have the menu in my rnse ? Or is it the control unit which confirm the new menu on the rnse ?

In addition, can you list which versions of the control unit are compatible with the OPs ? It's not clear for me as there is many post.

Thanks

Last edited:
If you dont have front/rear sensors & correct module, it wont work.

Ok.

I already have the rear sensors.

Can you confirm that I need any 8K module or only some have the OPS?
I will check in ETKA the references for an 7X2 options.

Thanks

All the info is already on this thread, I dont think it needs repeating mate, sorry but cant go round & round with same info, just read the thread, but again I state you need front & rears, so you wont get rears on OPS & you do need 7X2 module.

Hi I have just got a A4 avant sline B7 with front and rear parking sensors the sat nav unit was 192 so got a 193 from a A3 and changed the front over now its the mk2 model can any tell me which parking module I should use

Address 76: Park Assist Labels: 8E0-919-283-8EC.lbl
Part No SW: 8E0 919 283 E HW: 8E0 919 283 E
Component: Parkhilfe 8-Kan H06 0010
Revision: 00H06000 Serial number: 00067802120734
Coding: 0000114
Shop #: WSC 06335 000 00000
VCID: 326D2FD5AE34409

The old sat nav was

Address 37: Navigation Labels: 8E0-035-192-RNSE.lbl
Part No SW: 8E0 035 192 T HW: 8E0 035 192 T
Component: RNS-E HIGH EU H74 0650
Revision: 05S Serial number: AUZBZ7G1175449
Coding: 0301717
Shop #: WSC 06335 000 00000
VCID: 356714C95F5A571

New one is 8P0 035 193 G

B7 doesnt support OPS, as I already advised you in my PM.

If the A3 does with 193 then there must be a way to get A4 b7 with 193 from a A3 to do the same thanks any way but will have a go will use a A3 module thanks

Nige On this occasion I think your wrong have been on other sites and as long as it has High res screen it can be done

SatNav systems say it can thanks for your help sorry for PM ing you
A3*
A4 (B7)*
A4 (B8)
A5
A6 (4F)
Q5
Q7
TT (MK2)*
R8*
* only with High Res RNS-E Navigation unit

I said it isnt a supported feature of the B6/7, it would only be purely by luck it would function by taking over the position of the existing pdc module, but the existing uses the convenience bus connection, the OPS & newer modules connect as no 10 module in programming, not 76, it connects via the drivetrain bus, not convenience bus, so it may create a problem, but give it a go, B7 needs a guinea pig :)

Reactions: Sandra and N8