Optical Parking System Mod Installed

Ok, been reading through the post here- and still a bit confused. Is this possible on the A3 from 2006, without updating the
central elektronic. I have the new Rns-e and rear parking sensors, but of course the old parking ECU- Q is, is it possible on my car to
get OPS, and is it just a matter of getting the correct parking module ?
Kufatec has this kit for the front, but is says cars from 2009, so does it still work on a 2006 car ?

Komplett-Set APS plus + (optische Anzeige RNS-E) Audi A3 8P-

Peter

Last edited:
With all respect Peter, I already advised you to read the whole thread, its very clear to me as I just spoke to you via PM's, that you havnt done this, now please read it all through & then ask questions, everything has been advised in this thread from the start.

Ok-now been reading through the hole thing Nigel, and it looks like i need new rear sensors, front sensors, new parking module, update the CAN gateway, and rewire..The hole lot basically, and from what you are saying i can't even use the Kufatec mod- i need OEM. Q is now, is the CAN gateway an easy update ?
Peter

Ok-now been reading through the hole thing Nigel, and it looks like i need new rear sensors, front sensors, new parking module, update the CAN gateway, and rewire..The hole lot basically, and from what you are saying i can't even use the Kufatec mod- i need OEM. Q is now, is the CAN gateway an easy update ?
Peter

Thanks for reading, dont get me wrong I like to help, just when the info is already there its pointless repeating it over & over.

Yes you would need all the above, I can supply this if you like or even install it aswell.

That would be cool, exept i live in Denmark, and i guess you live in the UK ?
Peter

I can put together a kit & post to you, even get sensors painted to car colour.

The kit wouldnt be plugnplay, you'd need to make up some looms etc.

Hi Nigel, any news on the package with complete OPS ? Also, is your Can Module 8P0907530 AD, and is is just a module swap ?
Peter

Last edited:
As we cant see the module version then cant be definitive, but they wouldnt sell unless it worked.

Ok, so just finished installing OPS on 2006 TDI with oem rear sensors. New Parking module, index N (8 channel), harness from kufatec, new front sensors, and updated gateway module from index G to AF.
Fell free to ask.
Peter.
Ps: Many thanks to Troubs12, for the major help !!

Thanks for reading, dont get me wrong I like to help, just when the info is already there its pointless repeating it over & over.

Yes you would need all the above, I can supply this if you like or even install it aswell.

Would you be able to supply and fit on 2012 s3?

Would you be able to supply and fit on 2012 s3?

I've no idea what it costs to collect all the parts yourself and have someone come fit them, but I think one of this site's sponsors, Advanced In-Car Technologies supplies and fits the OPS for £600, assuming you already have a) rear parking sensors and b) RNS-E mk2. They may even give a discount to members?

Hey great work guys!

I have a question, from what I understand, we need a Can Gateway AD or higher. Does anyone have a list of part numbers that will be compatible for this retrofit?

Thanks

Thanks KKP. I had read that and hence my trying to get to the bottom of what works. I looking for something like this but for the 8P units -

Have a look at 8P 2011 in ETKA page 919-20 it shows part numbers & the order codes to the right next to them thats shown in the brochure, this will enable you to work out which module does what.

But, it also shows the D module as 7X2 compatible, so this will do OPS aswell IMHO, whether or not this is Front & Rear aswell, as I seem to recall this was maybe an older module with rear only, but need to confirm with others on here if they have this module.

Yes for the camera system they're using the R8 module but this isnt OPS like this system, it was a camera feed with lines.

If you want both then a VW car would be needed as not seen an Audi with the system like VW's have.

What means
above??

I've the OPS working and it is very awesome. Anyway i was trying to install the RVC (rear view camera) with the R8 module and it worked just fine before i configurate the OPS, now it doesn´t work.

I also bought a modulo os park assist with PN 8P0 919 475 K and didn't put it to work because it works with 6 sensors in the front, anyone knows if it will support OPS + RVC?

Thanks

You mean "right"

Well think about that for a minute, OPS uses the full screen to show sensors, there is no overlay for the ops/cam on the rns-e, like on the mk5 rns 510 system, so again no it wont work.

Reactions: vsantos69
You mean "right"

Well think about that for a minute, OPS uses the full screen to show sensors, there is no overlay for the ops/cam on the rns-e, like on the mk5 rns 510 system, so again no it wont work.

yes, i do mean "right" - sorry, lol.

Well, that means i have a tough choice, OPS or RVC :(

I don't know if you try it but on my case, i have 2 diferent view with the OPS. On one of them the image of the car appears in the left side of the screen on RNS-E displaying on the vertical way, not in the horizontal way. The rest of the screen stays black ...

Like this but without the RVC image:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey great work guys!

I have a question, from what I understand, we need a Can Gateway AD or higher. Does anyone have a list of part numbers that will be compatible for this retrofit?

Thanks

Does anyone know the answer to my question above?

Santos, thats mmi not rns-e, its not possible on rns-e, I cant say it anymore ways fella.

David, I can source & send you latest gateway module if you like, PM for price.

Did you just want the module or the whole system?

David, I can source & send you latest gateway module if you like, PM for price.

Did you just want the module or the whole system?

I was after the whole system but was sussing if I could save some money but sourcing parts myself. PM sent :)

Have read the whole thread (trying to skip over the repeated questions), my car has front and rear acoustic sensors and (I am told a Mk2 RNS-E). VCDS tells me this about my PDC controller, which I think means it should support OPC, as it has label 7X2

Address 10: Park/Steer Assist (J446) Labels: 8P0-919-475- 7X2 .clb
Part No SW: 8P0 919 475 D HW: 8P0 919 475 A
Component: PARKHILFE 8K H06 0102
Revision: 11001001 Serial number: 84630829603343
Coding: 00010A

However mine is the D module PARKHILFE 8K H06 0102 and not the H module PARKHILFE 8K H06 0120, any confirmation on whether this will work?

Edit: Been told that I need to change the coding on Module 10 to 10010A, was the bit not obvious to me from all the other posts, so will try that out tomorrow.

Last edited:
Santos, thats mmi not rns-e, its not possible on rns-e, I cant say it anymore ways fella.

It seams, like i suspected, you are wrong :)

See this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm5zGgisHZU&list=LLA_0tMGbu1FKzqMNrrMXOBw

Have read the whole thread (trying to skip over the repeated questions), my car has front and rear acoustic sensors and (I am told a Mk2 RNS-E). VCDS tells me this about my PDC controller, which I think means it should support OPC, as it has label 7X2

Address 10: Park/Steer Assist (J446) Labels: 8P0-919-475- 7X2 .clb
Part No SW: 8P0 919 475 D HW: 8P0 919 475 A
Component: PARKHILFE 8K H06 0102
Revision: 11001001 Serial number: 84630829603343
Coding: 00010A

However mine is the D module PARKHILFE 8K H06 0102 and not the H module PARKHILFE 8K H06 0120, any confirmation on whether this will work?

Edit: Been told that I need to change the coding on Module 10 to 10010A, was the bit not obvious to me from all the other posts, so will try that out tomorrow.

I've it worked?

Reactions: NHN

That doesn't show it working, just an overlay, so where's the pdc warnings & zones :p

They have developed a cangate type module on the 8E chassis, because the 8E only runs kline, which is how they got it working, which isn't needed for the 8P, its using the R8 camera module, so maybe this can be integrated now, I'd be happy to test it, its not as good as the VW version, I'd like a multi camera system tbh for sides, front rear, but alas.

If I get a chance to grab the module & cam I'll test it.

That doesn't show it working, just an overlay, so where's the pdc warnings & zones :p

They have developed a cangate type module on the 8E chassis, because the 8E only runs kline, which is how they got it working, which isn't needed for the 8P, its using the R8 camera module, so maybe this can be integrated now, I'd be happy to test it, its not as good as the VW version, I'd like a multi camera system tbh for sides, front rear, but alas.

If I get a chance to grab the module & cam I'll test it.

I do have this system retrofited but the module i have is the 420 910 441, the one used on the link is the 420 910 441A and i find a german forum that says that the module finished on A "talks" with the car/radio but like you say only testing it we will undo the unsure about this...

By the way, the forum is: Rückfahrkamera am A3? Seite 42 : Na dann werde ich das morgen mal probieren. ich muss also d...

Last edited:
Has anyone tried one of these kits?