Optional Stone Magnet

stevegilbey

Reaction score
I'm beginning to wonder if Audi fitted an extra component, a stone magnet. After 2000 miles ihave 6 nasty chips on the leading edge and one on the screen. Is it me? or do we all get them.
Any good ideas to hide?
Spoke to local chipsaway guy, whotold me that as the car is silver, they would look worst if he touched them, a bit damming of their abilities. Don't really want to start sraying panels on a new car

[ QUOTE ]
A4SEG said:
I'm beginning to wonder if Audi fitted an extra component, a stone magnet. After 2000 miles ihave 6 nasty chips on the leading edge and one on the screen. Is it me? or do we all get them.
Any good ideas to hide?
Spoke to local chipsaway guy, whotold me that as the car is silver, they would look worst if he touched them, a bit damming of their abilities. Don't really want to start sraying panels on a new car

[/ QUOTE ]

You could try these guys.......http://www.armourfend.com/ We had our Leon Cupra done from almost new and it has certainly protected the Cupra's "fragile" paint. Cost us about £300 to £350, they used our car as a template as it was the first Leon they had done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Alex Stanley said:
Hope you got a discount for that, Greytop /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point Alex we were wondering about getting our A4 done when it arrives.
I'm kinda interested to hear how Audis hold up paint wise from a stone chip point of view. Seats seem to have a bit of a reputation (which is why we got our Cupra done) but my Vdub Passat (now three years and 65K) seems to have dealt with stone abuse rather better considering the mileage.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well my S3 has quite a few stone chips on the front, after 18 months and 38000 miles... Not *tons* but enough to notice after you've washed it.

I'm going to try and get them patched up, provided it won't look worse afterwards...

Alex
I'm finding that the only way to repair these chips is to respray the bonnet, obviously not an option on a new car, especially a silver one, as very hard to match.
Some people claim you can touch up well with a chipstick or Audi stonechip repair kit but it depends on your expectation for the repair. I want it to look as new! and this is'nt going to happen, unless you spray.
Incidently had the screen chip repair done today by RAC autowindscreens, Apparently the repair will stop spread, but cosmetically no better, looks awful.

Steve

Perhaps it's because we've got fast cars and we want to always be in fronts so we sit too close to the car in front which throws up the stones?

I suppose we could be like the Americans and get one of those stupid, vaguely the same colour as your car, leather coats for your bonnet!

[ QUOTE ]
Anito said:
My A4 is Ebony Black so stone chips show up really easily. <font color="blue"> </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto ... and the chips have just started to show a presence.

Must invest in the touch-up kit myself.