options with valeo smh clutch kit

s3kirk

Reaction score
hey guys,
I'm currently running at what I assume is the limit of my valeo smf clutch kit (currently running 315lbft)
I would like to keep the flywheel as i have had it machined down to 7.5kg and upgrade the clutch to a paddle item (something that can take launches and hybrid turbo power) A quick search led me to believe that valeo flywheels will not work with oem clutches, will that mean sachs paddle clutches are out of the question? should i cut my losses and buy a new clutch and smf set up? barely done 2000 miles so keeping the flywheel and buying just the clutch would be cheaper and ideal for me. Anyone have a good set up/combination with the valeo smf that will take 360bhp/lbft + ?(looking to eventually run meth with hybrid)

Last edited:
If it's 5 speed the smf conversion in my car at least if G60 flywheel and Vr6 clutch kit. So if I were you I would be looking at a stage 3 Vr6 clutch kit to make it more able to manage the torque.

If it's 5 speed the smf conversion in my car at least if G60 flywheel and Vr6 clutch kit. So if I were you I would be looking at a stage 3 Vr6 clutch kit to make it more able to manage the torque.
Mines a 6 speed (s3) don't think the vr6 combo works with my gearbox

Should be OK I ran standard vr6 Sach clutch with g60 flywheel with 339lbft no problem 6spd standard holds more being bigger clutch.