Ordered an S3 - some random questions

iambaz

Reaction score
I've ordered a new S3! Few things I've noticed when I've been looking through other pics..

1. I didn't go for LED lights - do the Xenons still have the same daytime running lights? (Those thin lines at the top of the unit)

2. It's mad how much better US cars with no front plate looks. Looks a lot tamer with a big daft UK plate on the front. Is there any options to move this? Maybe to the bottom of the grill or is it a different grill unit? (seems to be some support for the plate behind where it should be unlike the US pics)

3. Can we not order those nice straight spoked wheels in the UK?.... think these are them (attached)...

Probably should have asked these before I ordered :)
Cheers

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-26 at 19.17.25.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-26 at 19.17.25.png
    166.3 KB · Views: 304
1 - yes
2 - ?
3 - no

Reactions: David83S3, Pulp84 and Jassyo06
Not sure about the wheel query. I have the 10 spokes on my BW47 2014 S3.

For clarification of the grill query.

One looks great, one doesn't look as good....is there any way to recreate that big mean grill without the plate spoiling it

Screen Shot 2015 05 26 at 193243
Screen Shot 2015 05 26 at 193304

The wheels you posted look like the old 19 RS6 wheels,not available on a S3 SADLY

Not sure about the wheel query. I have the 10 spokes on my BW47 2014 S3.
View attachment 59388

The wheels you posted look like the old 19 RS6 wheels,not available on a S3 SADLY

Think I've been getting these mixed up. Seems you can get the ones as jaypers says, but doesn't look like you can as 19s (I've ordered a saloon so they weren't an option). The set I posted that I've actually seen people had put on the saloon which look great.

Those wheels you are referring to are an option in some markets but sadly not the UK. I think it's an option in the U.S.

The wheels in your picture are actually the rs4 b8 20" upgrade, you can get them in 18,19 & 20" replicas only

Apologies, you can actually buy them in 19" oem from Audi, that's the part number below on the picture

^^^ they are on the German configurator Audi.de and also available in the U.S. And Australia I believe. The reps are 19x8.5 and the Audi ones 19x8.

Toying with getting some Audi ones for mine but not sure how they would look.

As for the plate & grille question not sure how you would mount the UK plate on the U.S. grille but I do like the look of the clean lines which is part of the reason I didn't go for ACC.

Last edited:
^^^ they are on the German configurator Audi.de and also available in the U.S. And Australia I believe. The reps are 19x8.5 and the Audi ones 19x8.

Toying with getting some Audi ones for mine but not sure how they would look.

As for the plate & grille question not sure how you would mount the UK plate on the U.S. grille but I do like the look of the clean lines which is part of the reason I didn't go for ACC.
That's how they look in 19's

Reactions: batch and Rob2k68
Cheers for that - I'll take a look. ;o)

Hi Rob, l had a look in ebay couldnt find them wheels...plenty of replica sets and oem's from Germany.......but l dont think they would suit my car,l do like the look of the RS3 high gloss black alloys for my car,not but ones from China?

Hi Rob, l had a look in ebay couldnt find them wheels...plenty of replica sets and oem's from Germany.......but l dont think they would suit my car,l do like the look of the RS3 high gloss black alloys for my car,not but ones from China?

Hi Jassy, me neither mate and I'm also in two minds if they're the right ones for my car ideally I'd like 19 inch versions of what's on there but saw on RS4 in the showroom the other day and the wheels were jaw dropping probably because you could see more of the humongous calipers it had on and also I think they were 20 inchers on that bad boy. I've looked on the German configurator but the pictures are not very realistic. The original wheels are almost a perfect match for the D/G paintwork where all the others including the wing style seem to have a gold tint in them. Might buy a centre cap to see how the colour would look ?? I'm with you totally about the China reps but read somewhere on here that the ones made in Italy are much better.

So what 19s do you fancy J ?

Hey Gyeon protected Rob......lol

l fancy these bad boys "but l have been told they wont fit..?" and the car for that matter dream on james.............lol
A HIGH GLOSS BLACK ALLOYS

but these alloys would suit my car far better

Last edited:
Reactions: nadsi77 and Rob2k68
6ec1a16964231983b572ded1cb11263b.jpg

I think the BBS-CH-R's are the dogs donuts on the s3

b7ee1fe1c6764ff69948af8d3070581b.jpg

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Blackwhite