Ordering my RS3 Sedan 2017

Eric Lee

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am about to place my order for the new RS3 Sedan due to arrive in June/July of 2017.
I would like your opinion of what to order as options: Prices are in HKD (1 USD = 7.8 HKD)

1- Super sports seats (looks better, but not electric - cost HK$ 8300) vs sport seats ( I never track)
2- Aluminum package (HK$ 8300) - I will definately get this.
3- Virtual cockpit (hugely expensive here at HK$ 78000)

Whats your take?

Thanks for your help.

Reactions: S3 Turbo and Bristle Hound
@Eric Lee - Hi & :welcome!: to Audi-Sport.Net Eric :thumbs up:
Hope you enjoy the site

How much for the virtual cockpit ?
What colour are you after ?

After driving a new TT with the virtual cockpit, I'd definitely spec it if i had the option.

He's not in UK although I suspect optimistic yes ;) I wish him well though.

TX.

Edit - 10k USD for VC!

Reactions: AudiNutta
I am in Hong Kong,
The dealer told me its June July delivery.
The virtual cockpit is really expensive in Hong Kong, dealer wants HK$ 70000 to 78000 (price not fixed yet).
For your reference 1 Pound = 9.6 HKD

For color it's either Nardo Grey or Ara Blue (extra money needed about 1100 pounds)

I can't see that you have sport exhaust? How much is start price and what does it include? Colour is very individual.

The price has not been finalized. But they are taking deposits (cheques that will not be cashed in). The official order books open in November. The estimated price is HK$ 800000. (1 pound =9.6 HKD).
We have a huge car tax in Hong Kong. So its about double UK or US prices.
The standard exhaust is loud enough for me. So I won't be spending extra on it.
The options Id go for are;
Aluminum package trim (inside and out)
Super sports seats (very likely) I wont track my car its purely esthetics. Hope I wont regret the loss of comfort over the Standard Sports seats. But the look of those standard seats just look so plain Jane.
Nardo Grey is a no cost option.

How are you managing to spec the car up? Is it on HK Audi site?

TX.

Last edited:
I went to the dealer in Hong Kong. The have a list and brochure with the options and price.
It's not available on the Audi HK website.

So the equivalent of £7000 in Hong Kong for the virtual cockpit...surely I've misunderstood that?!

I went to the dealer in Hong Kong. The have a list and brochure with the options and price.
It's not available on the Audi HK website.

Is both the saloon and the hatch available in HK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RS3 Saloon coming soon to the Audi Configurator....give it til January Max.....deliveries May June.....as soon as its up on the configurator it's available to order.....:footy:

Reactions: ice_cube99
What does "soon" mean though? USA is getting it first Aug 2017, UK will follow late 2017 with cars arriving 2018 imho. No one knows for sure as usual however I'm willing to bet a £1 on it ;)

TX.

Reactions: Jassyo06
What does "soon" mean though? USA is getting it first Aug 2017, UK will follow late 2017 with cars arriving 2018 imho. No one knows for sure as usual however I'm willing to bet a £1 on it ;)

TX.

Bet taken....

Reactions: Radman and Terminator x
Are you sure it's around 70'00 HKD for the virtual cockpit?

Thats around £7k, which is absolutely insane!

The car, virtual cockpit and a couple of other essential options and your at £100k.

Second hand super car money!

It's true that the cost of the Virtual Cockpit is 7000 pounds in HK.
There is a heavy tax don't forget.
The dealer told me so.
Extended aluminum trim is 830pounds.
Super sports seats are 830 pounds

Sounds similar to Singapore with huge taxes to keep cars off the Rd.
I think we get ripped off as well in Australia compared to the UK. My RS cost £56,000.
Cars in the US and UK are far cheaper compared to what we get down under.

High standard costs money and therefore they are milking money from for instance us car freaks and taxes goes sky high. Finland, Denmark, Norway has also high taxes. Sweden is better and we have very good discount. Those countries that have their own car indutries like UK, Germany, USA, Sweden and so on have usually lower taxes because it would be wrong to high tax your own industry.

Paid my deposit yesterday.
Hopefully production starts Jan2017. I might get my car June/July 2017.
I am probably the 8th customer with the deposit down for an allocation of about 20 cars.

Reactions: S3 Turbo
For color it's either Nardo Grey or Ara Blue (extra money needed about 1100 pounds)
Hi Eric,
HK Sales tell me no Production date, and my RS3 Nardo Grey no need extra money.
you order RS Sport exhaust or not?

Attachments

• IMG_4144.JPG
    IMG_4144.JPG
    200 KB · Views: 133
Paid my deposit yesterday.
Hopefully production starts Jan2017. I might get my car June/July 2017.
I am probably the 8th customer with the deposit down for an allocation of about 20 cars.

For the UK...???????

The NZ RS3 Sedans start production in CW10, was originally CW04 I think. They now expect cars to arrive June 2017.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Could NZ get the first new RS3s??? The race is on.
By the sounds of it, the Hong Kong orders are in a similar production week. Full pricing and order books open for the sedan was available mid-December (2016) in NZ.

What I really want is the ability to order the RS3 SB FL!

Hi Eric,
HK Sales tell me no Production date, and my RS3 Nardo Grey no need extra money.
you order RS Sport exhaust or not?

I ordered Nardo Grey (no cost options), SuperSports seat and extended Aluminum trim.