Original tyres for Audi A3 8V ?

JamieT

Reaction score
What are the original tyres did Audi select for Audi a3 8v 225/40/18 ?

The tyres that are currently on mines are roadx I'm not sure they are that great in the wet conditions, which tyres does everyone recommend for this model ?

I am looking at the uniroyal rain sports 5s what does everyone think of them ?

Thanks

Naaaaa

Screenshot 20210729 185735 Chrome

Way better 18" tyres out there .

Reactions: Neil C and JamieT
From factory they have used different ones over the years:

Continental SportContact 5
Bridgestone (something)
Pirelli P zero
I think Hankooks made an appearance at one point
..probably some others...

Usually “AO” Audi Original stamped.

Reactions: JamieT
What everyone has said above but I personally think the uniroyal are very good tyres for the price and good all round every day tyre, comfortable and quiet, if you are not looking for ultra high performance.
had the uniroyals on other cars and can’t fault them but I drive 99% kids chauffeur, best behaviour, and 1% hooligan :wink: If it was the other way around I would go for one of the suggestions above.

Reactions: Gazwould and JamieT
I have Uniroyal Rainsport 3's on my A3, Skoda VRS and Boxster. They have been really good however the Boxster aquaplanes a bit in deep standing water at motorway speeds. Must be because its a light vehicle but the other 2 are sure footed.

Loads of best tyre threads - a search will reveal. Most get shut down in the end as they descend into arguments.

I had uniroyals rain sport 2 on my ford puma, I liked them and they looked great but they don't make them anymore lol

And now AO Goodyear F1 Supersports
5486932618344714c6c8a49dbbf274d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup available in that size too.

c43b565586d975d507bea8d8a4e759aa.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s a good price. Need to think about that if I need a new set.
Might be a bit overkill depending on OP driving style and power.
how do you find the tyre noise and ride on these?

Ultimately better when pushing on in the dry but the trade off is less wet performance , comfort and noise .

Ultimately better when pushing on in the dry but the trade off is less wet performance , comfort and noise .
Pleease don't show those videos above naive guy making advertise for most expensive companies.. michelin , good year, and continental and they paying him to only show theirs not others! Nothing else exist for dat sold guy ! That channel is SOLD ! It is NOT not for ordinary ppl .
And above your good year, u always seem to have masive discounts everywhere where majority ppl will NEVER have . :D
I paid £300 for all round 245 35 R19 with fiting this year in 2019 I paid £250
Best tyres on market with acceptable price!

Attachments

• IMG_20210802_182708.jpg
    IMG_20210802_182708.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_20210802_182741.jpg
    IMG_20210802_182741.jpg
    1,016 KB · Views: 91
There's one thing that I love more than ASN and that's a fu¢k¡ng comedian .

• Haha
Reactions: JohnM100, 8YARWY and AlS3BE
Don't get me wrong I did dabble with 4 budgets , whilst they saved my life avoiding a huge accident but they are all terribly cracked on the outside edge .

Don't get me wrong I did dabble with 4 budgets , whilst they saved my life avoiding a huge accident but they are all terribly cracked on the outside edge .
To be fair I had that on a set of Pirelli’s and they got replaced under warranty but you are right I don’t **** about with tyres or brakes. The only 2 things that needs to work in a car before anything else.
rather pay over the odds for a set of premium tyres than chance it with some ditch finders.

Reactions: 8YARWY and Gazwould
Still trying to work out why my Stuttgart estate has 295mm front and 300mm rear rotors !!!

Still trying to work out why my Stuttgart estate has 295mm front and 300mm rear rotors !!!
295mm vented discs will out perform a 300mm solid disc. Just me assuming the fronts are vented and tears are solid.

Yeah fronts vented with magic holes , rears normal but vented .

6 pot version have 322mm but their much lighter 2 seater convertible with same 4 pot derv engine has 344mm .

344mm belong on a heavier family estate .