OSF Suspension Issue

daytonamart

Staff member
Reaction score
Well after nearly three years of trouble free motoring my old bus has slumped in one corner. It looks like a shock has given up the ghost.

It's been sat for about 3 weeks not moving, not sure if this is relevant. Not really a fan of the slammed look.

Anyone fancy a punt at what's happened?

Cheers,
Mart.

Looks more like a spring has snapped rather than shock absorber. A shock absorber doesn't hold the weight of the car when stationary but the spring does.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Interesting, thanks for the response. Bazaar how it's been sitting there for 3 weeks and suddenly this.

I think it might have to be trailered away. Should be interesting.

Yup, Spring has failed, bizaar how it's been sat still for 3 weeks then suddenly bang, down it goes.

Off on low loader today, sad times.

Unlucky, how many miles has it done by the way? They corrode over time and then just go like that when it's structure is so badly compromised. Even sat still they're taking a load.

Good time for some Eibach Pro Kit springs and whilst you're at it, some new shocks, bushes and top mounts whilst the suspension is off.

The cars done 127k and it left a pile of rust on the garage floor after it left, just glad it didn't fail whilst driving.

Going to get the other side done at the same, new bushes but same shocks.

All sorted, £350 lighter but keeps the car on the road. Save the manual diesels!

That's not bad to fair. Does the ride feel any better?