Osir front wings.. Yes or no??

jonnyc

Reaction score
Hey

Think these are pretty cool, not sure on the vent but thats not really an issue as it could be easily filled in..

They are 20mm wider than the OE front wings and look pretty aggressive without shouting it!

What you guys think?

285909927_mhEuA-L.jpg

Jonny

Yes love these wings, Ive thort bout it before but in my mind i was thinking the front arch would look way wider then the rear . If anything it should b flared rear not front alone .
Would really suit your car . Costly tho !!!

Yes love these wings, Ive thort bout it before but in my mind i was thinking the front arch would look way wider then the rear . If anything it should b flared rear not front alone .
Would really suit your car . Costly tho !!!

Yep agree, rear would look out of place!

Defo do it jonny. Look great on your car just have to do some thing with the rear see if you could flare them out? Or you wasnt thinking about that yet?

Not a huge fan of them to be honest mate but on the other hand.....I think it would suit your car down to the ground!!

I like them - on white I think the vent may look good.....
Agree with the others though, the rears would probably need something doing to make them look wider too... I have no idea how easy (or not!) this is though....! :think:

Like everyone else really get the rear arches to match and you'll have a mean looking A3.

Anyone know what grille that is?

Yeah I agree that it could look alittle strange if the front arches were noticeably wider than the rears.. But.. I dont think that 20mm is enough to really make the rears look especially narrow

Who knows.. It really depends on if im going to stick with the aggressive 'racing' look or go for a more blingy big shiny wheels etc etc..

As far as I know that car is running a Reiger front end, grille only fits that bumper..

Yeah think your rite there mate! Either way its horrible.. :undwech:

Posted some vids of a car with them on over in s3-talk.com Jonny

Anyone know what the Osir front wings are made of and weather the stock S-Line front bumper valance is a smooth fit against the Osir wings or if they need to be modified to fit? Shame they don`t do a rear set as well.

I have seen these wings in the flesh and they look awsome. There are 2 versions. One with the 20mm increase in width and ones without. OSIR is based here in Hong Kong and my local garage has fitted about 4 sets to A3s. He told me that the quality is superb and most of them have been fitted for over a year without any problems. However, all were the regular ones without the width increase.

I have actually ordered a set of the 20mm wide ones for myself about a month ago and have cancelled the order because of the same concerns with the narrower rear. I have spoken to my local garage to see if there are any solutions to this but a custom rear job is the only option.

I am using 10mm spacers in the front and the wheel just sticks outside the wing about 2-3mm. Once you add the 20mm width the wheel goes in about 17mm and it might not look good.

Another option is to just go for the style without the added width. Waste of time and $ IMO.

Also, you have to think about the shaved side indicators. As there will be NO side indicators. Of course unless you are going for the new LED mirrors or dont care about this.

Hope this helps.

Anyone know what the Osir front wings are made of and weather the stock S-Line front bumper valance is a smooth fit against the Osir wings or if they need to be modified to fit? Shame they don`t do a rear set as well.

They are made of fiberglass but the quality is very good. I have had a OSIR front spoiler before my S3 front conversion and the quality and the fit is very good.

Both the wide ones and the regular ones are supposed to fit without any modifications.

I will actually be at my Garage next week for the new facelift Rear light cluster. They know OSIR personally and I will see if they will consider making a rear 20mm wide kit. I want one too!!

Jonny, THIS is what you need to make your car an RS3!!

Lol.. A 20mm wider rear could look great, but not quite as easy to achieve as the bolt on front wings..

I could go custom on the rear arches but it would be lots of time and money.. Would look great but it just makes it impossible to ever put my car back to standard if I needed to..

I have emailed Osir with a few questions on fitment etc plus a price, ill post up once I get a reply..

Jonny

I am very interested in them too so please let me know what response you get. I have had a fiberglass body kits on high powered petrol car years ago which was a nightmare as the power was twisting the body shell when driving hard which kept on cracking the kit. If you just want wider arches because your wheels stick out any good bodyshop should be able to cut the original steel arch off then wield on a small 10-20mm steel extension lip then refit the original arch smooth over the join and respray the arch. I had a quote of £800 for my Audi when i looked into having it done but the rear arches cannot be done, don`t remember why right now.