Q5 Our new 2011 Q5 2.0TDI S-Line Special Edition

Got the big bus cleaned last weekend and we have had decent weather here in Belfast the last week. Even though its a black car, it is exceptionally clean for a weeks worth of driving

Another Scottish road trip is booked for end of July, I cannot wait.

Only things left to do to the car, hopefully before Scotland is:

• another coat of EXO on the paint work
  • wheel refurb
  • Revo remap
  • 3.0TDI rear valence and exhaust

Reactions: mxnrg and Geordie Lee
Only things left to do to the car, hopefully before Scotland is:

• another coat of EXO on the paint work
  • wheel refurb
  • Revo remap
  • 3.0TDI rear valence and exhaust

Exo coat completed on Friday, once this hose pipe ban in Northern Ireland is over, I hope to see a difference!

Revo sale is on 12/08/18 - 20/08/18, so I have the Q5 booked in for remap :) sadly not before Scotland but it will be done shortly after.

With work happening on my house the wheel refurb and valence/exhaust will have to wait until later in the year.

Other things to install on the car eventually are:
  • Cruise control
  • FBMFSW
  • Alpine system to include Bluetooth, streaming, nav etc...

Reactions: NevMan and mxnrg
Had to look up FB MFSW :p

That Alpine replacement infotainment unit looks slick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: NevMan and Boydie
loving the thread mate, wife has a 2104 Q4 sline, been showing her some of your pics and think i almost have her convinced on the running bars.

one thing she is very interested in, the carbon center console trim, the one she has is the stock aluminium and is pretty marked. can you remember where you picked yours up? not finding any carbon ones on ebay at least

loving the thread mate, wife has a 2104 Q4 sline, been showing her some of your pics and think i almost have her convinced on the running bars.

one thing she is very interested in, the carbon center console trim, the one she has is the stock aluminium and is pretty marked. can you remember where you picked yours up? not finding any carbon ones on ebay at least
believe that is OEM, as are most of @Boydie buys, apart from Alpine unit :icon thumright:

Reactions: Boydie and Sandra
ah...okay. that could be why i am not finding it

getting the current piece carbon wrapped might be the best solutions so

ah...okay. that could be why i am not finding it

getting the current piece carbon wrapped might be the best solutions so
it would certainly be ALOT cheaper!

Reactions: mossym
@mossym thanks - I picked up the carbon parts from german ebay. Unfortunately at the time I didn't realise that the dash board "Quattro" trim was the opposite way round so I had to buy it new for a UK car for £150 :(

Sold the one I had for £80/90

All the trim bits are handy to replace but from my posts earlier, its a full strip out job for the centre console as they are secured from the inside.

Does make a huge difference to the interior - maybe look into getting yours dipped? Or I could sell you my complete silver/aluminium set to get it dipped? I think wrapping them would be too thick to put back in place neatly

Reactions: NevMan
@Boydie That's a great looking Q5 with alot of effort put into it. Was looking at buying a Q5 the same year as yours. Would you recommend one? Currently driving an mk11 octavia vrs estate.

Reactions: Boydie
@richiepg I believe you would have more boot space in your VRS as we are personally finding the Q5 quite small with just a baby and all the crap you have to bring. We are planning to have 2 kids so I don't know what it will be like with another little one!

Other than that I love it - however, I wish it was 3.0 TDI, DSG and had Nav and cruise control lol maybe I should have held out for another model but at the price I got this, I cant complain.

Reactions: richiepg
hmm, Q7 next @Boydie You can start again with your retrofits :whistle2:

Cheers man. I have one baby possibly two in future. The vrs estate is great space wise but too many speed bumps around my way lol.3.0 dsg would be some machine. Well when/if you sell in future let me know
@richiepg I believe you would have more boot space in your VRS as we are personally finding the Q5 quite small with just a baby and all the **** you have to bring. We are planning to have 2 kids so I don't know what it will be like with another little one!

Other than that I love it - however, I wish it was 3.0 TDI, DSG and had Nav and cruise control lol maybe I should have held out for another model but at the price I got this, I cant complain.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Been very quiet on the Q5 front due to my wife needing it more or less every day and my son getting all the attention lol but she was away for a few days so decided to get some bits done to it while she was gone.

First off earlier this month was its MOT:

8472AF00 6031 4073 8CBD AA6FCEB58A91

I was seated so close hence the obligatory MOT photo which it sailed through thankfully.

So first thing to get done was to get the car decontaminated and application of gtechniqs new Exo V4 which I had done on my S3 at PMG.

Waiting to get started:

A84F82A8 D446 4F09 BD43 D9FC4B6D3411

After, gloss and shine was amazing. Didn’t want to drive it lol thankfully last few days have been decent weather:

94717A25 D90C 49BB BE14 832B0F92ABFF

As you can see, finally got the plate on too!

Then was the overdue exhaust upgrade which I had bought the 3.0 valence months ago. Went to see Armo at Street Racer which was very convenient for me and did a great job. Sounds OEM and brightens up the rear a lot better than the old black crusty twin single exit pipes

55AF5503 BB37 48C2 A13A 98CA55E33B82

I will probably have to wait until my wife is away again to do the next thing which is a wheel refurb. It badly needs done!

A part from that, all I can really see me doing next is adding cruise control which I miss from her old A3. We are still loving it especially now with the map however, still wish we got a 3.0 lol

Took the advice of some members on another forum and thanks to @markus19 on there, he made that come true. Just wish all jobs were this easy, literally done and dusted in under 10 mins.

FDD7717F 998F 4732 9E16 9FAB37756859

D86FF346 55E6 4695 A33C F3D5030A1F66

1AFB1DE9 3D91 4F46 80A4 5802B4E01C4D

02DB655B 8A83 47F9 8DF3 941DC055B9C1

7DA1D51F 9C2C 4FA2 B3A5 B75DC8C2E0E3

F5DFAD45 05B2 4EB3 AC0B 174E25AECC5A

1AFA20FB 4096 44E0 A792 149A63904B91

Reactions: richiepg and NevMan
Looking so much more modern with the white fog lights!

Thanks!

Had the wheels refurbished last week, makes the car look so fresh! Need to get some new photos up

Contemplating selling it later this year and upgrading to a 2012/13 Porsche Cayenne

Reactions: NevMan
Cayene is a step up in size and performance!

Reactions: NevMan and Boydie
Great read & some nice upgrades. I'm in Scotland in June & the roof box looks great, sadly as there is just the two of us we don't really need one.

Second batch of parts arrived:

OEM boot liner and cargo net:

View attachment 150329

OEM rubber mats front and back - I am fully prepared for muddy prams and projectile vomit!!

View attachment 150330
..............Boydie, did you do the ''cut outs'' om the 4 corners of the boot liner so you can use the ''cargo net'' please?. I have the factory boot liner & net but can't decide weather to cut the liner to get to the net mounting points?. My net is just under the boot floor.