Out of date MMI maps. Help!

kirstyt

Reaction score
Right, clever people...

I have a 2013 A3 and the maps on it are crap - there’s roundabouts on there that were changed into a road 13 years ago!?

The software is MSTD_EU_AU_P3151 and navigation is 8V0919866A 0021 ECE 2013.

I literally have no idea what any of it means and didn’t know if anyone can advise what I need to do or download to get the correct software. I contacted Audi who quoted me £600 for the pleasure (which I begrudge paying on my sh!tty NHS wages) so thought I’d give it a go myself as I've seen lots of posts saying it is doable, I just don’t know where to start!

Right, clever people...

I have a 2013 A3 and the maps on it are **** - there’s roundabouts on there that were changed into a road 13 years ago!?

The software is MSTD_EU_AU_P3151 and navigation is 8V0919866A 0021 ECE 2013.

I literally have no idea what any of it means and didn’t know if anyone can advise what I need to do or download to get the correct software. I contacted Audi who quoted me £600 for the pleasure (which I begrudge paying on my sh!tty NHS wages) so thought I’d give it a go myself as I've seen lots of posts saying it is doable, I just don’t know where to start!
Navigation update is going to be around the £300 mark. £600 odd would be for a full navigation activation which you don't need, just the updated maps SD card and licence.

Thanks for this,

I have a 2015 Audi A3 with 2015 maps and satnav working.

So Audi just need to provide a SD card and a licence for this card. The sat nav does not require activation as it already is.

So looking aroun d£300 from Audi.

Anyone had any experiences with buying SD cards online or is it pot luck

I bought the latest maps from these guys: https://upgrademyaudi.net

It required an MMI firmware update too. Cost about £100 in total and any further map upgrades will be about £60 a time, unless and until a new firmware is required.

There's a lot of reading and video watching to be done and it is possible to brick your MMI if you screw-up so 'caveat emptor'.

The information is all there though and the support is good.

This looks like a complete rip off. Are there any ways of getting the software updates outside of Audi?

Even the latest maps are going to be 2 years out of date. Have you thought about using Waze on your smartphone instead? Waze is always up to date, has better alerts, warns when approaching safety cameras and is free!

Even the latest maps are going to be 2 years out of date. Have you thought about using Waze on your smartphone instead? Waze is always up to date, has better alerts, warns when approaching safety cameras and is free!
Doesn't this defeat the object of paying for an expensive sat nav system with handy screen or is there a way of getting the phone screen to display on MMI?

Doesn't this defeat the object of paying for an expensive sat nav system with handy screen or is there a way of getting the phone screen to display on MMI?
Yes if the system supports Andriod Auto and/or Apple Carplay.

Unfortunately the expensive satnav system installed at the factory does not live up to their price tags.

Wow, that site is charging you £27.26 for VCDS software!? But free form VCDS.
https://upgrademyaudi.net/product/vcds-19-6-download-software-only/
most of the "things" this site sells are cloned, hacked and not official. NO ONE is allowed to sell official VW Group firmware as downloads, only authorised partners are allowed to supply firmware on genuine SD Cards which need to be ordered from the factory. As noticed, genuine VCDS is free to download as long as you have the needed cable / dongle. Genuine VCDS cables also have no software version associated with them unlike the ones listed for sale on the site. VCP is the same, which is currently version 8.x (from memory) but listed as 5.5.1 on the site, which is a known clone version. VCP has also never supplied a "clear" plastic cable.

edit: and before some clever person pipes up and mentions "SD Card Creator", this is an internal workshop tool which only authorised dealerships and workshops can use, and of which the data is NOT for resale.

If you are going to buy pirated maps from that site, you might as well pirate the maps yourself