Out with the new and in the the newer

B5NUT

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
In April I picked up this new A6 2.0TDI Ultra.
WP_20160417_13_21_21_Rich%20Medium_zpsqptzsgkt.jpg

However from the day of collection there were issues with the car, and after 4 weeks I'd had enough and the rejection letter went in. The rejection of the car took a total of 3 months and ombudsman got involved after 2 months. Once they got involved the rejection completed rather quickly, I won't go into the details but it did get a bit messy, and I have to say that Audi finance are more on the side of Audi than the customer so, so if you have to go through this process don't expect much help from them, in fact don't expect any!

So after a few weeks of haggling, I finally got to order the replacement car.

Went for another A6 but this time a 2.0 TDI quattro S-line with the following spec
Moonlight Blue, metallic
Electric panoramic glass sunroof
Advanced key with hands free
Convenience Pack
Super Sports seats
Parking pack
Technology Pack
Bose
LED Ambient lighting
Audi Smartphone Interface

So after waiting 3 months to complete the rejection and what will be aproximately 2 months to order/build/delivery it will be 5 months in total since my last drive of a C7 and have to say I'm looking forward to the new motor. I just hope this one is trouble free...

Prep_zps6v1och8k.jpg

Also today the car finally moved from order received to preparation and have a build day of the 19th but I'm hoping now it's in preparation that time will have been reduced.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aly, NioclasO, A6MAH and 3 others
Exciting times waiting for the new car. I'm off to google moonlight blue, I don't think I have seen that shade. Hopefully the car wont be long. :) x

Reactions: B5NUT
I was looking a the Nogaro Blue but at £2,155 it was a lot of money just for paint so added some extra toys instead. I went for the moonlight blue as there was one in the dealer's showroom, and I've had a few gray/silver cars, and the Mrs said she prefered the blue over the white. So moonlight blue it was...

Reactions: Sandra
Any key things wrong with your first motor to keep an eye out for when others, like me, pick up their new motor in a few weeks time?

Reactions: Bugeye_bob
Saw some in the showroom and outside, at first glance I thought it was black, nice though

Most of the issues should have been solved by now, MMI has had a software update, the engine issues don't affect the 3.0TDI models and there were steering & paint issues.

It can look black depending on the light, but I like the colour.

Reactions: Tips
After almost 2 week in preparation it finally moved into production today, the wait is almost at an end.

From what I understand now the build should move quite quickly.
Panel_zps1zpoyoyb.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: A6MAH and Jakes2514
Not sure how accurate the Audi tracker is but at 1am this morning the car started assembly, and I just checked at 8am and it was built & in QC, so in less than 7 hours to build the car is impressive, with a bit of luck it will be on the train this weekend.

built_zpsrfu1rlyd.jpg

Also just checked the other web site https://www.audi.co.uk/myaudi-public-api/services/v1/orders/(ordernumber) and it states ("orderStatus":"30")
so the car has left the factory.

Last edited:
Not sure how accurate the Audi tracker is but at 1am this morning the car started assembly, and I just checked at 8am and it was built & in QC, so in less than 7 hours to build the car is impressive, with a bit of luck it will be on the train this weekend.

built_zpsrfu1rlyd.jpg
Hope it arrives quickly for you. It feels like you been waiting such a long time. :) X

Thanks, whatever happens I'm a week early as the original build date was the 19th. The downside now is the boat, I know some of the A3 guy's have waited 2 weeks just for a boat:pirate:

Thanks, whatever happens I'm a week early as the original build date was the 19th. The downside now is the boat, I know some of the A3 guy's have waited 2 weeks just for a boat:pirate:
Yes the boat takes time I think mine was just short of 3 weeks then it moved quick. I came down from Scotland to Liverpool to collect mine:)

Yes the boat takes time I think mine was just short of 3 weeks then it moved quick. I came down from Scotland to Liverpool to collect mine:)

I was kind of betting on 3-4 weeks and I was told they had a maximum of 4 weeks for delivery by the dealer.

Been waiting 5 months since the rejection when in and looking back it does not seem that long, think it will be the last few days of delivery that will drag. Dealer has been very good so far, but think they will want the car to be right, and so do I.

The question is do I get them to clean the car as the white one was swirled, not sure I want this one to be the same.

No way I'll be letting them wash mine when it arrives. I'll be asking them to leave it exactly as it comes to them.

My dealer insisted on their bodywork protection treatment, I'm sure this will be to hide all the swirls - doesn't bother me too much as it's nearly winter now so I'll just wait till I can get her indoors for a weekend strip it all back, correct it and seal

Thankfully my dealer knows me so will allow the car to go out without cleaning.

My dealer knows me well too, to be honest they can't do any lasting damage

Well been lucky so far, build started just over a week early took a couple of day to get to the port and was in status 38 for only 3 days, and today it went into status 39, on on the boat and it currently heading to the UK. Should now be looking to get the car at some point next week, full 2-3 week early.
ship_zpsvfqsatgg.jpg

Also if you know the date the boat leaves the port you can figure out what ship you car's on and track it with this web site.
ship_tracking_zpssil1ncek.jpg

Last edited:
If yours is on that boat then hopefully mine is on the Wesser Highway, my C6 is due a service, needs to go!

Getting closer guys. Lol, I can't wait to see your new cars :)

Hopefully be a tracker update for me in the morning!

Car arrived in the Uk over the weekend, and have been told I can collect the car on Friday. Also the dealer has agreed not to wash the car so happy days. Just need to do a bit of shopping for cleaning products.

arived_zpsjwu1zewr.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: NioclasO, fingermouse and Rhyso
Well no car today, offered a 5pm collection which was just too late, so collect tomorrow at 10am.

Reactions: NioclasO
You could not write this stuff, at the dealers and yet again the abs module has fault codes, last a6 also had fault codes on the day of collection....

Well all sorted, they investigated the fault codes and they said it was down to the PDI process however, and they should have cleared the fault before delivery to the centre. Anyway done 70 miles today and the fault has not come back.

So will an array of KochChemie & Swissvax products I got great weather today and got about cleaning the car, took around 8 hours to complete, but the results were far better than the cleaning on my last A6.

I've done around 100 miles now and these are things I've noticed between the 2.0TDi ultra v quattro. Stop/Start is way less aggressive, on the ultra the car was still moving when the engine cut out, the gearbox appears to be smoother on the quattro, mpg is down on the quattro v ultra by at least 6-7 mpg at the moment. I hope the MPG will improve over time, but I know it's not going to be a good as the ultra but I never got the quattro model for economy.

Super sport seats look great and are very comfortable, I was also surprised how nice it was to have a sunroof again, I've used it on most journeys so far and the wind noise is minimal on a motorway when tilted, but a little loud when fully open, but is fine around the 50mph mark. Keyless is just as good as I remember it from my A8, just need to see if the keyless also saves the seat position rather than having to press the memory button. The only options I've yet to try are the parking & smart phone interface, but will try them out over the next few days.

Few shots of the A6 after the clean up.
WP_20161002_13_50_05_Rich_zpsjcxqdbuo.jpg

WP_20161002_13_49_16_Rich_zps2mngp1qi.jpg

WP_20161002_13_49_23_Rich_zpskc2ayxm1.jpg

WP_20161001_18_21_48_Rich_zps092tl1he.jpg

WP_20161002_13_50_25_Rich_zpstfqxr5oe.jpg

WP_20161002_13_50_43_Rich_zps8khpzjlp.jpg

WP_20161002_13_49_23_Rich_zpskc2ayxm1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Aly, jojo, Rhyso and 2 others
Looks really good, I've already put 450 miles on mine this weekend and it's filthy!

@B5NUT simply stunning. It's a fantastic looking car. You have done a great job with the detailing as well. Now it's time for you to go out and enjoy it. :) X

So I've had the C7 for just over a year now and it's been 100% trouble free, so now I figured I would do a couple of very small modifications. First is the adblue cap, why Audi stuck a 17mm nut on the end of the cap I will never know, and on some of the new models they use a different cap, so I have a loan A5 at the moment with the new style cap I figured I would see if it fits and it does. Part number of the cap is 5Q0 131 980 C

Old
old%20cap.jpg

New
new%20cap.jpg

Also purchased this today from TPS, but won't be fitted by Audi until the 13th. The fitting cost is £75, for that I figured I would get them to do the work rather then me ripping the car apart and damaging anything.

part%20number.jpg

Front camera
front%201.jpg

Front%202.jpg

Rear Camera
rear%201.jpg

Rear%202.jpg

Fixed wiring harness
harness.jpg

Will put up a review once fitted and it's been working a few days.

Last edited:
Yes it's a front/rear dash cam, but Audi call it a UTR!!! It was around £330 from TPS.

Reactions: Rhyso
the adblue cap makes sense, but i only have to refill mine every 9000 odd miles so it's not a big issue

i just need to get the VAG filler hose

I keep the tank topped up, and stick a few litres in every month. I'm just over 8.5K miles and gone through about 25 litres