Out with the new and in the the newer

sounds about right, luckily i've found a lubricant supplier locally which is about 1/2 the price of halfords :)

I get the stuff from TPS works out a £1 a litre, even if it was double the price it's chump change compared to the price of running the car.

So could I! However I just pick the stuff up form TPS as it's more convenient, sometime it's time v money and time generally wins these days.

yeah i can agree with you on that, which is why i get someone to drop 40 litres round :)

lasts me about 12 months as the wifes 308 is using it too!

Well went to the dealers today and after 30 minutes was told they had underestimated the size of the job, and would need book the car in for a full day! There is also a recall on the MMI & instrument cluster (both require a software updates) So they need the car for a full day. Thankfully they will still honer the original quote, and will give me a loan car for the day. On a positive note, the dealer has told us we can collect Mrs B5 new A3 tomorrow, just hope it's not a lemon like my first A6...

mine had to have MMI update too, didn't have menus for lock/unlock key behaviour or auto fold mirrors

Well went to the dealers today and after 30 minutes was told they had underestimated the size of the job, and would need book the car in for a full day! There is also a recall on the MMI & instrument cluster (both require a software updates) So they need the car for a full day. Thankfully they will still honer the original quote, and will give me a loan car for the day. On a positive note, the dealer has told us we can collect Mrs B5 new A3 tomorrow, just hope it's not a lemon like my first A6...
Exciting times. Can't wait to see the new car tomorrow. Lots of pics please :) x

Reactions: B5NUT
Will do, that's if we are able to take it home! After it was stuck in QC for almost 6 week I want to know what what went wrong, as Audi UK were unable to find out. See if VCDS or my slightly poor untrained eye's can see anything.
latest

Reactions: Sandra
So the A6 has just turned over 10,000 miles and is 18month old, in that time the car has been perfect not a single fault or error code has appeared. It's had it's first service last last year. My only regret with the car was I wish I'd spec'd Tech Pack Advanced, over the basic Tech Pack. I do like the ACC, lane assist & side assist on my wifes A3.

Upload 2018 3 29 22 10 31

Upload 2018 3 29 22 11 6

Upload 2018 3 29 22 11 55

Upload 2018 3 29 22 13 14

Upload 2018 3 29 22 14 38

Reactions: Aly, Rhyso, DonkeyIce and 1 other person
hope audi didn't bend you over on service cost like they tried with me lol

i've done 20k now, apart from a battery niggle had no issues at all

Well after almost 5 years of ownership the A6 goes tomorrow. Prices are very strong at the moment and the car has only 38K on the clock and I've been offered very good money so it's going. The car is also due service, gearbox service, cambelt change, MOT and TAX is due, so that little lot alone is around £1K and the 5 year warranty factory ends in 9 days time. So I figure it's time too sell up.

One thing I would say about that A6 is that it's been the most reliable car I've every owned. It's never missed a beat in the 5 years I've owned it. The new owner is going to get a very nice motor.

Now on the lookout for a classic Audi S2 Coupe, it's like finding rocking horse stuff!

Reactions: Sandra