Out with the S3, in with the RS3 :)

Avantsline

Reaction score
Took the drive up to Tamworth Audi this morning to do the trade,

Out,

In,

Well, absolutely blown away by it :wub:

Once I hit the dual carriageway I couldn't help but shout obscenities, the acceleration and power is nuts!

The spec as far as I am aware so far is;

Recaro buckets,
Black ops,
Rnse MMi,AMi,Bluetooth,
Adaptive Bi Xenons,
Ashtray delete,
Light pack,
Auto lights, Wipers, mirror dim
Elec fold & heated wing mirrors (weird that they fold up rather than in like the S3!)
* And Cruise control

She has new Pzero's on the rear and the original contis up front probably just over 3mm, I presume they switched back to front! Are Pzeros any good? As I may just get new fronts rather than a set of pss3's which I loved on the S3.

It was a bit strange getting used to the Stronic, was a few jerky stops and starts but getting the hang of it! I think it suits the car and it has changed my opinion of manual!

I am looking forward to a long ownership of this monster as long as I can keep out of trouble ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex C, MBK, T-800 and 2 others
Nice colour mate, really nice, let the mods commence :)

Mirrors are the latest version which are different to your S3.

Reactions: Avantsline
Lovely car mate nice one :)

Awesome looking.....stealthy and stunning.....just how I like my RS3's.

Nice motor mate.
Odd comment regarding the tyres, that the front are original and the rear have been replaced.
They can't/shouldn't switch the tyres round as the rear's are 225's and the front are either 235 or 255.
You might want to check them again.

Did you check with Audi that the car has had the brake upgrade on the front?

Took the drive up to Tamworth Audi this morning to do the trade,

Out,

In,

Well, absolutely blown away by it :wub:

Once I hit the dual carriageway I couldn't help but shout obscenities, the acceleration and power is nuts!

The spec as far as I am aware so far is;

Recaro buckets,
Black ops,
Rnse MMi,AMi,Bluetooth,
Adaptive Bi Xenons,
Ashtray delete,
Light pack,
Auto lights, Wipers, mirror dim
Elec fold & heated wing mirrors (weird that they fold up rather than in like the S3!)

She has new Pzero's on the rear and the original contis up front probably just over 3mm, I presume they switched back to front! Are Pzeros any good? As I may just get new fronts rather than a set of pss3's which I loved on the S3.

It was a bit strange getting used to the Stronic, was a few jerky stops and starts but getting the hang of it! I think it suits the car and it has changed my opinion of manual!

I am looking forward to a long ownership of this monster as long as I can keep out of trouble ;)

Very nice, in my opinion you can't beat the RS3 well done and a good spec.

Reactions: Avantsline and 45bvtc
Nice motor!

Who did you deal with @ Tamworth? Got my RS3 from them and thought they were superb!

Thinking about shifting my RS3 on :(

Great spec and colour :sm4: ... you must have a big smile on your face everytime you pick your car keys up !

With regards to tyres (as above), I'd check some numpty at a garage hasn't switched them round (front to back) as

(a) it's very odd for the rears to wear away before the fronts.
(b) the fronts should be the wider tyre (235mm or 255mm options) and the rears the 225mm.

Reactions: Avantsline and 45bvtc
An amazingly good motorcar is the RS3, enjoy...

As JonnyG says, check the tyre sizes (and tyre pressures) NOW!

A great choice, enjoy. As others have said check the tyres that all sounds a bit strange. P Zeros should be fine on the back but they are a quite soft tyre in my experience so you'd probably wear them out quite quickly if you match them up on the front. Michelin or Goodyear seem to be the popular choices at the moment.

Reactions: 45bvtc and Avantsline
Michelin pss tyres here ,great grip ,worth every penny...
677c835b4e9382be4a87da124d3085b5_zps1e43bf42.jpg

Reactions: 45bvtc, MBK and Avantsline
Thank you for the kind words gentlemen :)

In reply to Gilford, I dealt with James Letterese and Michael Swetman. Top blokes and a pleasure to deal with. How come you are thinking of shifting?

I also had a goodwill gesture towards the car due to my treatment with my local dealer when trying to buy an s3 back in april, I was also told to expect a gift to celebrate the car in the next few days but the chap at Audi uk wouldn't let on what it was! Probably an air freshener!!

Very happy with the service from Tamworth Audi and Audi Uk!

I have checked the tyres and they are 225 at the back and 235 up front to a bit strange that the rear are new!

With regards to the brakes I didn't check as I wanted to see if the car actually suffered from the squeal which it doesn't and I know in the event it does it will be sorted under warranty anyway. I have read that the fix isn't curing the squeal for some owners so keeping a keen eye on the situation!

Can't stop grinning when I take her out!

Looking forward to ownership and meeting up with some fellow RS3/Asn crew soon!

Reactions: 45bvtc
Great car, hope you have many happy miles!

Enjoy!

P zeros are terrible... Get some goodyears or pss on them

Absolutely stunning. Thinking of selling my house and living in a tent on works grounds so i can get one :sob:

Reactions: 45bvtc
DO IT BigWillyStyle...

Back in the 70's one road tester of the new Lotus Elan coined the phrase "every home should have one", I thought that true then of the Lotus Elan (and kept mine for 36-years) and I now believe the same to be true of the RS3; it really is an amazingly good all-round piece of machinery for 4-season use... :thumbsup:

Bluey back in the garage as I write, cooling down….and she's gonna be with me a lo...ng time! :friends:

Reactions: BigWillyStyle
I left a deposit on your car haha!

Couldn't sort the finance out in time due to an issue with vodafone, Thankfully as Iv'e bought a couple of cars from Tamworth Audi they were fine about it and refunded my deposit, A week later I waled out with a Black RS3, I believe it's the 4th RS3 they have sold in a month!

Daytona, Phantom, Ibis & I can't remember the other one!