Over boost

Peaky

Reaction score

Hi all the car is a A4 b6 1.9tdi 130bhp Avf quattro. I've replaced all egr and turbo vacuum hoses. Replaced the N75 valve. Had the turbo rebuilt, replaced hose off the bottom of the turbo. Also cleaned the maf and map sensor. Took it for a few runs pulls a lot better but it doesn't feel 100%. The car doesn't want to spin the wheels in 1st gear either. When on the the motorway around 80/90 the eml on with P0234 code. I'm still getting what sounds like a blow off valve which I thought before having the turbo rebuilt was the the turbine hitting the housing. The egr is blowing oil out the 2 holes at the top. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Did you replace the Actuator on the turbo? only asking as mine makes a 'blow off valve' ish noise when I let the throttle off & rightly or wrongly I've put it down to that valve.
A mate of mine had the same car, with the same noise & changed the turbo thinking it was that, but used the old actuator. and still had the noise.
Just a thought.
Also, mine now pushes out a bit of oil from the joint on the egr valve, never used to but now it's getting messy. I have been thinking it's the 'o' ring that needs replacing but so far never found the time to take it apart.

Just found this on a thread i created years ago, this isn't my vid, but the sound is exactly the same.

One comment on there says wastegate, is that the same as an actuator? & another mentions leaking egr cooler.. .so maybe the egr leaking at the gasket could be something to do with it?

after another youtube search.

This one was turbo, (which you've had done) and possible N75 valve, which again you've had done so.... umm....

Last edited: