Overinflated RS5 Prices or Not?

terrymcg

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

After a long time away from Audi I am on the verge of a comeback! Looking for an Approved used RS5, well specced, around a 2017/2018 car. So its going to be in the £50k region in todays current state!

I have not been keenly following prices on the RS5 through the pandemic, so wondering if any of you have and how overinflated this is over pre-pandemic pricing? Wondering if I buy now is it a crazy mistake when I come to sell in 2 years and we are maybe back to normaility?

Does anyone have any insight in how much these have gone up by??

Cheers

Terry

Based on the current value of my car (which is a direct competitor of the RS5) versus what it was being listed for a year ago, I would guess the asking price hike of an 17/18 RS5 is pretty similar... Therefore around 5%-10% / £2k-£5k more than it was pre-covid.

Reactions: NevMan
Based on the current value of my car (which is a direct competitor of the RS5) versus what it was being listed for a year ago, I would guess the asking price hike of an 17/18 RS5 is pretty similar... Therefore around 5%-10% / £2k-£5k more than it was pre-covid.
I'm going to differ here.... I believe its a lot more!

My A3 went up by £1k and on the forecourt now for £5k more! My RS5 I just purchased is £10k MORE than what it was pre covid!

PRE Covid I purchased a 2019 RS5 new at £58k (pre reg) with delivery miles out the showroom.
Now I've just spent £69k on another one, ex demo, with 4k miles.

Funnily enough though, Webuyanycar are already offering me more than I just paid if I was take it down the road today!

Reactions: NevMan
I'm going to differ here.... I believe its a lot more!

My A3 went up by £1k and on the forecourt now for £5k more! My RS5 I just purchased is £10k MORE than what it was pre covid!

PRE Covid I purchased a 2019 RS5 new at £58k (pre reg) with delivery miles out the showroom.
Now I've just spent £69k on another one, ex demo, with 4k miles.

Funnily enough though, Webuyanycar are already offering me more than I just paid if I was take it down the road today!

Wow, that is mad. You might even make on this one when you sell in 5 months mate