Overspray stuck on windows from repair

c_tahoe

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently had an body repair on the side of my A3 and noticed when deep cleaning the car there is a film of something on one of the windows, you can feel it when you put your hand across it and see it when the sun hits....It's like a clear mist. I have tried using a bug sponge, vinegar and white vinegar spray on it but it won't budge. Not sure it was an over spray of sorts?

Any ideas of what I can try without scratching the window?

Cheers

Clay bar it.

Autosmart tardis or another tar remover may work too.

Last edited:
Reactions: CraigM and KenL
+1 for a blade. Or if you’re feeling flush get yourself a Festool de-nibber.

If you got a drip of that on the car bodwork wouldn't it dissolve the paint, and you would be in a worse situation.

Colin

Reactions: Jassyo06
Glass polish... ideally use a cordless drill with a pad/buffing attachment.....dont risk using acetone it will destroy any exterior car finish paint,trim,rubber it falls on
If you could get hold of ie borrow any machine polishing machine even batter in conjunction with glass polish and do all the exterior glass at the same time

It does not harm the paint, I've used it to remove vandalised paintwork .
I use acetone at work its ruthless
Nail varnish remover would have dulled your clear coat to an extent....or at least weakened it

Honestly it's fine , done year and a half ago .

In fact it was vandalised twice !

I did use it to clean up a yellow Yale alarm housing , it didn't like it !

So it's only certain surfaces .

To the OP; if I was going to try a solvent it'd be white spirit.

It won't damage paintwork; it's cheap as chips and is the basis of most proprietary (and much. more expensive) tar removers anyway.

Last edited:
Thanks all! Ill will work my way through the list of what I have / can get hold of and let you know what worked with a before and after photo

Cheers :)