P2015 fault code advice

localknoxville

Reaction score
Hello all

I have a 2.0 TDI and the engine management light come on, the scan found fault code:
5336 intake manifold flap position sensor bank 1 implausible signal p2015 implausible signal
5337 intake manifold flap position sensor bank 1 implausible signal p2015 open or short to ground

I’ve bought the little intake repair bracket that goes on the actuator, fitted it, cleared codes etc but MIL come back on showing same codes again. Now I’ve added that little repair bracket, will it clear straight away or does it take a few miles to sort itself out and clear?

Anyone else had the same issue?
Trying the cheapest route first before I start buying new intake manifold and actuator

From personal experience it clears right away. When you turn the ignition on it does an automatic test of the swirp flap to see if it is within tolerance. If it manages to do a full range check, that's a good sign, so worth looking for that. You'll see it go up and down. However, if it's still throwing an MIL and the same codes for it, then it's still out of tolerance to some degree and needs further correcting.