Pagid Pads ??

A3 T

Lord Of The Rings
Reaction score
I was just looking at the eurocarparts website for some front brake pads, After entering my reg it come back with eicher pads and pagid pads....

With a bit of searching it seems that eicher pads are a poor budget pad but i cant find out anything about pagid.

Are these pagid pads any good?

I think poor budget pad is a little harsh. They're not DS2500's, and while they are 'budget', they'll more than get through an MOT.

Anyway, with regard to your main question, as far as I'm aware (this was certainly the case not too many years ago), Pagid make the vast majority of Audi OE pads. The same will no doubt apply to other marques too. They're some of the big boys.

...I hasten to add that this doesn't necessarily make them *significantly* better than the others. They're both aimed at being OE standard replacements.

All the best,

Rob

ive been running em for about 6 months or so theyre an alright pad mate not spectacular as said above but a decent standard spec replacement

given the choice of those two - punt for pagid..... (i work in brakes)

I bought Pagids off ecp when I replaced my discs and pads all round on the S3 a few months ago. As said, there OE suppliers for Audi, so there not high performance pads, just your slightly above average quality pads. I'd go with them if you are buying off ECP.

Thanks guys ;)

So their as good as oem pads ?

Looking again today I've noticed that they also sell ATE pads for an extra £15.

How would these compare to the pagid ones?

Out of that lot you'd be mad not to go for Pagid. If they're good enough for Audi...

Thought it was Pagid, but I'm sure someone with a bigger lump of grey matter than me will be along to put us straight soon:)

you could be right but im sure it was apec....lol

Any more opinions on Pagid , Apec , Mintex ??

think I got Zimmerman but also had Pagid. One set was front one was for the rear I changed the discs at the same time

So it looks like pagid it is ;)

When i asked what you guys recommend out of the three, I expected everyone to say mintex......lol

I ran Mintex on a past GTi, their sportier ones, can't remember what they were called though, weren't expensive and I liked them.

Chris

Mintex are not the company they used to be - they were innovators in the 70's/80's. just have fallen behind the times alot.....

I think im going to go with pagid ;)