Paint disc

Toonsoldier91

It's my birthday
Reaction score
afternoon,

I'm gonna paint my brake hubs and callipers.

But I'm stuck choosing a colour. I'm thinking either a dark silver for callipers

Discs I think I might just put some lacquer over them will this be ok ?? Or would I be better painting them ?? I'll be painting before there put onto the car. Thanks

I'm in the same predicament at the moment.
My car is Daytona grey and wheels are powder coated black.
I thinking red for the calipers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Red for the calipers , no doubting that. Don't touch the discs.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tj 0785, Toonsoldier91 and Buxton2901
Mines Daytona aswell with
Red for the calipers , no doubting that. Don't touch the discs.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I'd have red but being a non s3 car I think it would look a tap stupid. Tough one reallt as when I do them I'm stuck with it lol

Personal choice - use what colour you like personally - many take a lead from the colour used on current performance models like the RS models etc

Smooth Hammerite works very well on the hubs and calipers, it seems to have good heat tolerance. - I've never known it burn off - bear in mind the calipers are insulated by the brake pads and if the calipers got that hot, the rubber piston seals would melt.

Yeah. I got some genuine twr pads a few month back just never had them fitted as the fronts ain't gone yet. Although I don't think it'll be long as performance isn't there any more.

Went out and bought some discs and shields and some smooth hammerite to paint the sheilds and discs as my shields are quite rusty. Perks of living 1 mile from the sea, decided to go with brembo discs ( discs are discs, reputable name been around years so should be good enough for me ) and the discs seem to already have a layer of paint so hopefully I don't need to bother painting them, will see how they hold up in the coming months

My only dilemma now is, pay someone to come fit them, to save the 60 quid I've been quoted and buy a torque wrench ( halford advance 200 seems to get decent reviews and life time warranty) and do them my self as I need to paint callipers anyways. Just scared as it'll be my first time doing it alone. Used to help my uncle do my first car and his cars etc but never payed that much attention lol.

IMG 1496