Paint protection film

Anyone?

Anyways, I found a installer, and decided to get the car detailed too. Was wondering how should it be coordinated? I understand that the wax needs to be stripped before installing the film? Does it mean I should request the detailer to only wax the panels that are not going to have the film?

And I was told to not use a rotary orbiter to polish the film once it's on? Anyone care to share how to maintain/protect the film? (I'm getting ventureshield fwiw)

best to have it paint corrected/detailed before you have the film fitted and then wax the car after the film has been fitted.

as a personal preference i wouldn't apply film as it detracts from the finish of the paint, it gives the surface a very orange peely look.

Thanks for the reply. So, you recommend waxing over the film? or just the bare panels?

I wouldnt be too worried about the orange peel. Dont most new cars with waterbased paints have orangepeel standard nowadays?

Seems like the uk isnt too fancy with the idea of clearbras:sorry:

boggysv said:
Thanks for the reply. So, you recommend waxing over the film? or just the bare panels?

I wouldnt be too worried about the orange peel. Dont most new cars with waterbased paints have orangepeel standard nowadays?

Seems like the uk isnt too fancy with the idea of clearbras:sorry:

wax over everything, film & bare panels.

orange peel isn't standard with modern paint, there are a number of causes for orange peel but basically it is down to improper application of the paint. :icon_thumright: