Paint protection (Milton Keynes/St.Albans)

will_0407

Reaction score
I have been thinking about getting some sort of paint protection on my car, albeit a bit late in the day. It's a 14 plate A3 which I bought in October. Coincidentally my Mum has just bought a 2015 Peugeot 208 which she's collecting on Sunday- the Peugeot dealer has offered the usual exterior and interior protection 'deal' for £299 however having just ordered some interior scotch guard off Amazon for £13, I've told her to decline the £299 as I'm 99% sure that's a massive mark up and not worth getting done, from a dealer at least?

Does anyone know of any decent places where we could both get some sort of paint protection applied, preferably around Milton Keynes or St Albans?

or am I better off getting some of this and doing it myself...
Amazon product

All help appreciated and welcomed!

For what it's worth, I've already got mine booked in to be detailed including full inside/outside protection and am taking the car to Jim at White Details in Lincoln for that to be done (I live in Bedford)

Reactions: DrEskimo
For what it's worth, I've already got mine booked in to be detailed including full inside/outside protection and am taking the car to Jim at White Details in Lincoln for that to be done (I live in Bedford)

Love his vlogs. Bet you've been waiting a fair bit..!

OP, yea don't pay any dealer for paint protection. Complete waste of money and it's boarder line fraud.

You can expect to pay up to £500 for a full detail from a decent detailer, but it depends on your expectations and requirements. I enjoy doing it myself, but it's cost me far more than £500 over the last few years and plenty of my time, but I enjoy it.

Have a look over at detailingworld if you want to read up on anything. Plenty of information to sink your teeth into. Just be warned...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much are you paying for that to be done?

Love his vlogs. Bet you've been waiting a fair bit..!
OP, yea don't pay any dealer for paint protection. Complete waste of money and it's boarder line fraud.
You can expect to pay up to £500 for a full detail from a decent detailer, but it depends on your expectations and requirements. I enjoy doing it myself, but it's cost me far more than £500 over the last few years and plenty of my time, but I enjoy it.
Have a look over at detailingworld if you want to read up on anything. Plenty of information to sink your teeth into. Just be warned...!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK thanks, I was pretty sure that was the case, just didn't want my Mum splashing £300 on something that's just going to be £££ in the salesman's pocket

How much are you paying for that to be done?

IIRC £650, he's having the car for 3 days with me collecting on the 4th.

@DrEskimo ive seen quite a few of them now and it's making me look forward to it even more, the car's not being built until 20th Feb but he was already booking for April so thought I better get it booked in preparation.