Paint wear lower part of car, normal?

Jove

Reaction score
Hello, I'm wondering if this is normal wear on the paint, this is my first car without mudflaps and that has paint all the way down instead of plastic trim. The car has traveled 74000km. It's a 2016 Audi Q7.
The car has a bit of dust/dirt on it, so not all of this is the marks I'm talking about, but most of it is, feels like sandpaper to the touch after a wash. Not noticable at all if you don't bend down to look for it.

Thanks for feedback :D
IMG 20200801 152817 IMG 20200801 152901

Normal, no but sadly it’s fairly common.

Mine did it where the lower front part of the bumper forms the bottom rear of the wheel arch.

I went to view an A5 2015 in Daytona Grey, and this had happened on the lower panels on one side. I thought it was a bad repair job and walked away from the car, interesting to hear that this may be common.

Audi's paint is thinner than an angels whisker though..

I would advise you to try the inhibitor https://www.rustbullet.com/, which is also used for cars. I did the treatment under the rug, I got rust there. It does not look bad and according to reviews, the tool is good. I think you will need to paint this place after processing. Probably better not to delay with this, otherwise it may rot.