Painting Brake Calipers

Andy76

4 Rings All The Way!
Reaction score
Hi,

I don't have my Audi that long and I am slowly but surely tidying it up! I was thinking of painting the calipers, hub and stone guard. Is this something that you guys have done and have you's put any decals on the caliper.

I was thinking black caliper and silver hub and stone guard, quite possibly with a quattro sticker down the caliper?

Have you guys any pics of how you have down yours?

Andy

Well I have cleaned up the stone guards (where you can see them!) and brought them back to silver - they are aluminium alloy, the older steel ones, on my other cars, I clean (where you can see them!) and paint with a very thin coat of paint - probably semi-gloss/satin, but certainly not gloss, black Hammerite paint. Hub area, I'll probably get some mid grey paint - if I can ever track some down, calliper, I'm afraid are gloss black already as the car is an S4.

Reactions: Andy76
That's what I did to mine I used vht high temp silver on the splash guards & hubs & gloss black on the calipers.

Reactions: DrSasso, ruairi83, AdamB8 and 1 other person
Cheers it makes a big difference. I think I will redo & add some decals to the calipers for when I fit my new wheels when the weather gets better.

Reactions: Andy76
Sounds like a plan! I'm gonna do mine when I'm taking winters off!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 265
I don't know why Hammerite etc can't produce a mid grey paint for those fussy buggars that want the "original as new" look. I slobbered the hub centre bolt area with Copaslip to drive the water away!

I done that when putting winters on too!

I'm researching some heat resistant paint on line that'll come in a variety of colours! ;)

Looks good now , but in time with brake dust !

That's why I always do hubs and guards black.

Bulldog did you just mask the brake disk off when you were painting the outside of the disk?

What prep did you do? Did you sand them or rub them down or anything?

Might give this a shot soon!

They look lush very effective looks like might go same way with mine .

I done that when putting winters on too!

I'm researching some heat resistant paint on line that'll come in a variety of colours! ;)

The silver I used is a high temp paint from VHT & comes in quite a few colours.

Last edited:
Bulldog did you just mask the brake disk off when you were painting the outside of the disk?

What prep did you do? Did you sand them or rub them down or anything?

Might give this a shot soon!

I used a couple of wire brushes then gave them a clean with some brake cleaner then masked them up. Took a couple of hours but I couldn't stand the dirty looking discs & calipers through the wheels.

I know what you mean but they're only standard brakes & they look better than before maybe when I get the six pots fitted I might paint them a lairy colour to show them off ;)

Reactions: AdamB8