Panoramic Sunroof rear drain holes?

B79MJW

Reaction score
Guys checked the front two with strimmer wire and cleaned through with a seringe.

Can I hell find the rear ones? Where and how please. Need to check they arnt blocked as passenger footwell is getting wet when it rains. Front two seem ok but flow on the passenger side seems to be less so it could be leaking at the join or split pipe.

Would like to check rear ones as in told these being blocked can cause water into cabin.

Grrrrr....

Thanks in advance

Rear ones run from the cassette and under the trim at the front of the rear wheel arch.

If you were sat behind the driver and sat back in the seat they would be where your right shoulder is, if that makes sense.

Although my knowledge is based on the Avant, not sure what you have?

Reactions: B79MJW
Thanks mate.

Yes Avant. Can they be cleared tested from the cassette? As in I ran strimmer wire down the front how do I do this to the rears?

Think you'll struggle to get to them from the cassette, I didnt look to far into this as I found my leak was from the rear vent into the back bumper and sorted it.

Fold the rear seats down, pull out the 'cushion' between the seat uprights and car body and iirc they are there. I'd disconnect & flush them through from there. When re attaching I used silicone on my front ones but the garage I use when I told them they said they normally just cable tie back.

I think it may be the front passenger one to be honest. hence front passenger footwell wet; water tricking down a pillar from roof lining. had a peak inside room lining and it was wet in front of connections from the rain.

I hear the pipes can still be on but also leak at the connector. Bad design if you ask me not having a proper connector onto the cassette that clicks or locates or something.

This is the last issue I need to sort on my B8 now. I thought getting a new windscreen in had sorted it but unfortunately not.

Audi Newcastle were less than useless around the subject mate.

Front is fairly easy to sort.

Drop the sun visors, centre light console, grab handles either side (tricky ********!), A pillar trims., then roof lining, although not too much.

With the roof open pour some water in and then you can physically see where the leak is. I disconnected both from the cassette, had them poking out of the car siliconed the connector to the drain tube and then back in the car silicon the connector to the cassette. Cable tie will help until the silicon goes off.