Panther Black S3 Hatch with Black Edition or Chrome?

weymouthfox

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wanted to hear some opinions on the S3 in panther black with black edition or chrome?

If I went black edition I might order the genuine S3 chrome mirror caps to break up the black slightly.

Have also considered Daytona and Aura but really love Panther back…have it on my PFL S3 and its stunning.

Many thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 18.34.51.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 18.34.51.png
    995.6 KB · Views: 604
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 18.36.19.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 18.36.19.png
    969.9 KB · Views: 473
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 18.38.42.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 18.38.42.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 455
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 18.38.47.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 18.38.47.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 721
Go with your heart and thoughts, do not listen to other opinions. They will just confuse you. I have my opinion, but it would be just my opinion.

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06, TDI-line and 4 others
Go with your heart and thoughts, do not listen to other opinions. They will just confuse you. I have my opinion, but it would be just my opinion.

This...I have an opinion too, but I don't have to drive it everyday :p

Go with what you think looks best mate! Panther Black is stunning!

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn and Flying Scotsman
Haha...Im 50/50 on it, just wondered what the general preference is :)

Reactions: DrEskimo
I think on Black or Navarra Blue, the chrome looks better. On the other colours, Black pack works well.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Scottyg
As above. But since you asked the question. I'd go without BSP. Think the chrome on the black looks much more classy. Again, only my opinion. I'm not a huge chrome fan, but I'm not a huge black out fan either. I think with the black car, the chrome breaks it up a little.

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn and Mark_86
Haha...Im 50/50 on it, just wondered what the general preference is :)

Me too actually....both look great so can't go too wrong :)

Most colours I prefer the BE to the chrome, but black can pull off either well I think.

BE probably is a bit cheaper if you want the same options.

As above, this is subjective, but if I were you, I'd go black optics....it is a must have for the S3 in my point of view.

It really is personal preference as has been said...I've gone for black with chrome and the shiny roof rails, definitely breaks it up nicely and you don't see that many around

Reactions: Scottyg
As above. But since you asked the question. I'd go without BSP. Think the chrome on the black looks much more classy. Again, only my opinion. I'm not a huge chrome fan, but I'm not a huge black out fan either. I think with the black car, the chrome breaks it up a little.
Very tidy avatar Scotty :sweatsmile:

Reactions: Scottyg
I've recently ordered a Panther black S3 sedan. I opted to keep all the chrome because in my opinion it needed some of the contrast and some highlights the chrome/silver provided. I guess for the same reason the Glacier, Tango and Ara look great with the BSP I think the Panther looks best without it.

Each to their own of course but since you asked that's my 5 cents worth........

I've got a Navarra Black edition and just like you really sat on the fence with regards to colour choice, BE or not. I ended up going for the black edition in the end. I really like the look and pictures don't look half as good as in the flesh. I also like the fact it's look like a dark horse. You see it coming and you'd never think it was a rapid S3.

Like you, I also considered (and still do consider) whether to get the mirror caps to break up the black a bit. If anything the mirror caps are my favourite part of the standard S3 guise. I must say seeing some other NB S3's with chrome they do look lovely

e98649e97bf8d9aa94a90a3391420497.jpg

e7b6f8938ccd415e583903e0bf4afe73.jpg

aaaa6f6c40d4bdddb633cde1a5534460.jpg

Reactions: pburv, TDI-line, Audi Bairn and 3 others
Hi mate, I've got a Mythos Black S3 without the black pack - I've attached photos for your reference. But I think a black S3 with the black pack + privacy glass would look so mean!
IMG 2329
IMG 2325
IMG 2327

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mark_86 and pburv
IMG 2324

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: S3tuart, Mark_86 and pburv
I saw one on autotrader that was black with black pack and had the audi rings in black too, looked a bit too much for me.

Some really unconvincing new members on here posting threads....in laymens terms....chrome or black.....come on guys....MAN UP....*** and asking others on here is just going to make this choice that more difficult after all its only a front black grille or a chrome yin...aka do l like Blondes or Brunettes.....?Well Brunettes.....do it for me all the time...lol

Reactions: sugardaddy
had the whole chrome vs black styling discussion with a work colleague many times (im the biggest wind up merchant :whistle2:)

like others have said, some colours look better with chrome, but thats just opinions....my opinion, black styling, never liked chrome. But then again in my opinion..I wouldn't get a black car :shutup2::shrug:

Some really unconvincing new members on here posting threads....in laymens terms....chrome or black.....come on guys....MAN UP....*** and asking others on here is just going to make this choice that more difficult after all its only a front black grille or a chrome yin...aka do l like Blondes or Brunettes.....?Well Brunettes.....do it for me all the time...lol
At risk of being slightly :sign ot:...blonde for me!!