Parcel Farce

ACWKGYTO

Reaction score
Why cant they say what the price is if you just walk into a post office with a parcel, instead of messing about online and printing off labels yourself....they tell you the online price if you drop at the post office....only issue is I dont have any scales.....sold an 18 alloy wheel without a tyre, I think its less than 15kg packaged. Its not an Audi wheel its an Alfa Romeo 5 hole design !

Surely this is your fault for not knowing the weight of the item you expect them to carry.

Surely this is your fault for not knowing the weight of the item you expect them to carry.

Read the post properly before you post your comment and if you cant say anything that isnt a wind up dont post....even if you know the weight there is a different price at the post office which nobody can tell you online, its a gamble.

I’ve read it again, it sounds like they are asking you the weight online and you don’t have it?

To be clear....you took a parcel to the post office but they couldn't tell you how much your parcel would cost to post?

There are online prices and post office prices the two prices are different, and you cannot find out what the price is if you just go to the post office beforehand online. If you just take a parcel to the PO you dont have to print off your own label and fill out a long winded form online and pay with a card etc etc

So what was the problem? Is it that there are 2 prices?

My advice, don't use Royal Mail! Use someone like DPD, MyHermes, Yodel, etc, etc. (will probably be cheaper as well) Royal mail's pricing is crazy these days.

Much more simple process and they will collect from your home address. You will still need to know the weight or a rough weight.

My advice, don't use Royal Mail! Use someone like DPD, MyHermes, Yodel, etc, etc. (will probably be cheaper as well) Royal mail's pricing is crazy these days.

Much more simple process and they will collect from your home address. You will still need to know the weight or a rough weight.

Yep post office are a bit more but convenient as I have a post office a few hundred yards from my house, I like to support it as I'd hate to see it go.....it did actually turn out that the manager used his discount to get me a slightly cheaper deal than the online price, but yes I know what youre saying there are cheaper but I dont want to wait in all day. It was just over £19 to send an 18 inch alloy parcelforce 48 signed for and insured for £100 (slightly underinsured but I was happy to take that risk) 60 x 30 x 60 box weighed in at 12.5 kg with packaging.

By the way I started the thread before I went to the post office.

Last edited: