Park Brake Fault / Door lock fault / Engine management light

Fuzzyduck88

Reaction score
Hi lads.

Have a 2016 B9 2.0tdi 150 with 50,000km
Last night when I parked the car I got a message along the lines of (place key at designated area, see user manual)... so I did that and that went away.

I switched off the car and the fan kept running but I'm just putting that down to coincidence with the timing of the dpf regeneration.

Since then I have the following problems:

• "Parking brake fault. please contact workshop" message on dash
  • Parking brake wont release automatically on take off, but will by manually pushing button
  • Central locking wont work, passenger side locks / unlocks but drivers side doesn't.
  • Engine management light came on
  • a red symbol (triangle with explanation mark) (central indicator light?)
  • When I'm stopped and parking brake is engaged I get the warning "Engine running Warning! switch off ignition before leaving car" (it thinks my door is open?)
This is a lot of problems to just occur at one time, anybody any experience with this?

Thanks

Reactions: Alex1234
Also to add to that list of problems none of the controls on the drivers door are working: locks, windows, mirrors etc :wtf:

Time to get rid of all problems.try switch off engine shut doors and lock with remote.and open again and start engine .most of time all should clear if not need to take to garage mate.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fuzzyduck88
Possibly your car battery on the way out. Once had a bunch of weird electrical errors - windows, power steering, locks, rough idling - with a 3 year old 2.0tdi Passat CC which was due to a failing battery.

I’m guessing you’re just out of warranty or you’d take it to Audi?

Post up a VCDS auto-scan if you have it, if not check the VCDS owners map and see if a kind owner near you will scan your car for you as it’ll point you in the right direction.

Thanks for the replies, I’m guessing the battery too ! Hopefully it’s just that!
In relation to the scan, I don’t have the equipment but it’s booked in for Monday!

The warranty... I’m fighting about this for the past 24 hours with Audi! Yes there is warranty on it, well so I have been told, in writing, by Audi when I was buying the car... that Convo is for another day tho :fearscream:

Hi lads.

Have a 2016 B9 2.0tdi 150 with 50,000km
Last night when I parked the car I got a message along the lines of (place key at designated area, see user manual)... so I did that and that went away.

I switched off the car and the fan kept running but I'm just putting that down to coincidence with the timing of the dpf regeneration.

Since then I have the following problems:

• "Parking brake fault. please contact workshop" message on dash
  • Parking brake wont release automatically on take off, but will by manually pushing button
  • Central locking wont work, passenger side locks / unlocks but drivers side doesn't.
  • Engine management light came on
  • a red symbol (triangle with explanation mark) (central indicator light?)
  • When I'm stopped and parking brake is engaged I get the warning "Engine running Warning! switch off ignition before leaving car" (it thinks my door is open?)
This is a lot of problems to just occur at one time, anybody any experience with this?

Thanks
Hi there, this is exactly what’s happened to my Audi today. Do you remember what was wrong with it?? Thanks