Parked car crashed into - estimated repair costs?

kiz17

Reaction score
Hi all

As title says, some numpty has crashed into my car while it was parked. I have 3 witnesses and pictures of him at the scene after he hit me, so just waiting for him to admit liability (happened 7 days ago and he is yet to admit fault...)

Anyway, onto my question. I have attached pictures of the damage, does anyone have any idea on how much the insurance will likely quote to fix this? And whether it’s likely to be written off? (In my opinion it’ll likely get written off, due to the age and mileage)

Car details:

Audi A3 S Line
1.8 TFSI
2007 (57 plate)
113k miles

7B399C7D 3FA2 44BB 83B7 CDA8FE46C7A1
C8BB963D 5CA2 49A4 B4B5 AE6240660067
ABB8C64F 0901 4EAD AF17 DDC997906649

Thank you for reading

Insurance most likely write it off cause of age. Which is annoying if its your pride and joy. Would be easier coming to an agreement to make the person who hit it pay for it to be repaired ect. Insurance excess the person would have to pay insurance would probably cost not far off to repair it anyway.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply!

It’s a nice car, quite a rare spec too so this isn’t ideal. His insurance and the police have tried to make contact with him multiple times and he isn’t responding, so I’m just going to go through insurance and hope I get a decent price for it (providing they write it off).

This is the third Audi A3 I’ve owned and they have all been written off (all non-fault accidents). Maybe it’s time I pick a different car...

Hi all

As title says, some numpty has crashed into my car while it was parked. I have 3 witnesses and pictures of him at the scene after he hit me, so just waiting for him to admit liability (happened 7 days ago and he is yet to admit fault...)

Anyway, onto my question. I have attached pictures of the damage, does anyone have any idea on how much the insurance will likely quote to fix this? And whether it’s likely to be written off? (In my opinion it’ll likely get written off, due to the age and mileage)

Car details:

Audi A3 S Line
1.8 TFSI
2007 (57 plate)
113k miles

View attachment 201457 View attachment 201458 View attachment 201459

Thank you for reading
Its will get writen off purely because mileage is over 100k plus age now repair wise you cqn alway tell the insurers you will do at you own garage and they will say ok which mean u will cover costs upfront and then will be reimbursed by other side when liability is sorted which will prevent car be written off and cheaper as you can buy a second hand door and wing same colour and replace aswell as any other part required

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply!

It’s a nice car, quite a rare spec too so this isn’t ideal. His insurance and the police have tried to make contact with him multiple times and he isn’t responding, so I’m just going to go through insurance and hope I get a decent price for it (providing they write it off).

This is the third Audi A3 I’ve owned and they have all been written off (all non-fault accidents). Maybe it’s time I pick a different car...
Your well within your rights . To argue the fact that it is repairable you can also state you shall be seeking legal advise in breach of a legally binding contract from their party .many solicitors will give you free advice .You do have the right to keep the car. You do infact own it and they are there to assist not dictate . If the car is structurally unsafe then maybe . But even that can be jigged out. No matter how old it is ...? In the same content is a house pulled down after fire damage or even hit by a truck ? .
Insurance is exactly that to ensure.

Thank you for the replies everyone!

That’s a good idea, I’ll see what money they offer for it first and if it’s no where near market value, I’ll tell them I’ll get it repaired at my own garage.

If I do get it repaired at my own garage and pay the costs up front, will the insurance company 100% reimburse all my money? I get very funny paying for things like this up front then getting reimbursed, especially with insurance companies.

It's hard to see from the pictures what are shadows,what are dents and what is just paint. the wing is an easy repair but the door looks more. At the bodyshop i work in,we have on many occasions at owners request in the same circumstances as yours that we buy or owner supplies a secondhand door in good condition (regardless of colour) and then prepare and paint it, then swap over all insides if necessary + doorcard and then just refit to car. not enough cost imo to give up your beloved car. Also to answer your question, your garage should deal directly with insurance company saving to any hassles.

Depending on insurance company they will only cover the cost to fix your car at there selected garages as i found out and came to an agrrement that the garage i was using toolk the same price as the garage the insurance company where going to use and he did . So beaware just dont pop it into a garage before checking with insurance as it can cost you more later

If they write it off tell them you would buy it back off them and see, its then worth using the money they pay out and repair it yourself. Replacent door and get it blown in.d

Reactions: ahtcap and ch1z64
You might not want to do this until you have a settlement, but clean and polish out the white paint & see what you're left with.

I would be looking on eBay & at VAG breakers for a used door and possibly a wing too in the right colour. However, it might take a while to find in black, pity it's not silver, they are everywhere !

If it's your 3rd non-fault claim, you're not going to be happy with your insurance company at renewal time........

Reactions: e9_mustii