Parking Assist with parking aid plus

HAF1925

Reaction score
I've got a brand new A6 (will put pics up at some point) and I've been a lurker on here for a few weeks. My post now has been prompted by my wonder how other owners get on with the self parking. I've had 3 goes on sepetate occasions and once it hit a kerb the other two times it went so fast I bottled it and hit the brakes. There's not a great deal on you tube about it either. Anyone use it on a regular basis?

I've got a brand new A6 (will put pics up at some point) and I've been a lurker on here for a few weeks. My post now has been prompted by my wonder how other owners get on with the self parking. I've had 3 goes on sepetate occasions and once it hit a kerb the other two times it went so fast I bottled it and hit the brakes. There's not a great deal on you tube about it either. Anyone use it on a regular basis?
I’ve got this and it’s not great- one occasion when I was trying to parallel park the car “thought” I was trying to reverse into a parking bay and nearly mounted the pavement!

another time I used it for parallel parking it was a good foot away from the kerb.

Did hitting the kerb damage your wheel?

I’ve got this and it’s not great- one occasion when I was trying to parallel park the car “thought” I was trying to reverse into a parking bay and nearly mounted the pavement!

another time I used it for parallel parking it was a good foot away from the kerb.

Did hitting the kerb damage your wheel?
that's not great, try explaining that to an insurer and what if that was a busy high street.

No thankfully no damage, the tyres edge extend further than the alloys so it was just a brush against rubber but nevertheless quite a jolt.

I did try again yesterday twice. Both Bay parking and once forward was fine but reverse it needed tidying up. Will I ever use it again? With the fantastic 360 camera parking is so almost fun!