Parking brake fault message

rich_16

Reaction score
Ive been getting the warning message below appearing in yellow on the dashboard intermittently. Problem is it won’t do it when I take it into Audi and although it logs that the warning has occurred they can’t diagnose the fault hence cannot authorise a repair.

“Parking brake fault contact workshop”

Has anyone had anything similar with their parking brake?

I’ve left it with them for a few days to see if they can get the fault to appear but if not I plan to escalate to Audi UK to authorise a repair as it seems ridiculous that they can log a fault but take no steps to fix it. Am I being unreasonable?

Not with the parking brake, but with park on the stronic gearbox...

Reactions: rich_16
I had this a few times, again like you it was intermittent. Car went in for its first service yesterday and I mentioned it, there was no rebuke. On the service sheet they said they had put a software update in, not sure if this was connected or not, but has been ok since, I’ll reply here if it’s not sorted and take the car back in again.

Thanks that's good to know. I would have thought my local dealer (Reading) would have tried that but I'll mention it to them.

Audi finally diagnosed the fault. It was a faulty battery so quite an easy fix. Seems fine so far so fingers crossed.

It felt great getting back into my car after a week in the Q2 loaner. Made me glad I specified adaptive comfort suspension on the A4 as the Q2 was a bit firm!