Parking brake malfunction warning

Lavis89

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I've had this warning come up on my car as soon as i turn the ignition on for over a year but the brake itself functions perfectly. Now I've got to look at sorting it due to the new Mot rules. Anyone got any ideas? Both motors work, brake holds no problem but still getting the error

I had the same problem on the A6. It would reset if I cycled the ignition. Brakes seemed fine - would still hold.
Took it to Audi who fixed it under warranty - turned out to be a faulty motor on the left side. Possibly a fault on the electric side sending sporadic errors to dash for no reason.

I would guess you have something similar - VCDS should help you locate which motor.

already tested my motors and they both work :( don't want to fork out £220 for a module just to find it doesn't solve the problem, what a pain in the ***!

Mine both worked as well - but they still sent errors. If VCDS tells you which side is sending the error - either replace the motor or give it a good clean and see how that goes.

I has this error sporadically on my car for a while. When it gave the error though the left caliper wouldn't hold.

I had the brake pads and disks changed about 3 months ago and not had a single error since. Maybe try some contact cleaner in the plug and failing that take the caliper off and see if a clean and reseat sorts it?

What is the actual fault code you are seeing. Makes diagnosis a lot easier.